Thursday, October 20, 2005

Izzy's Birthday!!!

My baby is 7. I guess that means he's not a
baby anymore, huh? It is so strange and odd
to me that so much time has passed since he
was born! He is definately the youngest-
kind of a momma's boy (ok-not kind of), the
ruler of the roost and sen-si-tive...ooh that
boy is sensitive!
So I guess on everyone's birthday I will take
some time to tell you all a little bit about
them. Izzy demanded attention and to be
heard from the start-he was quite the crybaby
as an infant. He has always been my shadow, and
I know that I helped create that. He was the
last and I knew that, so I wanted to hold onto
that "babyness" as long as I could. He also
got to be in childcare by himself-so he has
always had his own identity and independence.
My cousin Tessie took care of him, mostly at
my Grandma's house next door-so there was
always a lot of ladies to dote on him. My Grandma,
my Aunt Linda, Tessie, my Aunt Mary was there
alot too. This helped Izzy come into his own
and not just be the "little" brother. I was
then able to stay home from work for just about
a year with Izzy. This made him even more
of my shadow!! :)
Izzy loves to clean. He is the only kid I know
who would cry because he couldn't wash the dishes
when he wanted to! He often goes into his room,
takes all of his clothes out of the drawer, and
then refolds them!! He enjoys dusting and
mopping. He also has an obsession with promptness
and following through. If you tell Izzy that
something is happening at 2-it had better happen
at 2! We actually find ourselves telling him to
loosen up and not worry so much about things.
Hopefully this is somewhat of a stage since he can
finally tell time on his own. Otherwise Marlon
jokes that he will have trouble hanging out
with the guys when he's older. Can't you see him?
"Oh-it's 11:50-curfew at midnight-we'd better get
a move on!"
Izzy knows who he is. He has confidence and a sweet
heart. He doesn't let anyone mess with him. Sometimes
he can see a little too tough-but he is always going
to make sure that if someone picks on him, they don't
do it again. Bullies beware because if you make him
mad, you will end up crying!
As I see him grow and change, my 4th child-it awes me
how God can make each of us so different. Their
uniqueness is wonderful and I pray daily for his
safety, his health and spirit, and his continued love
of Christ. He is only ours on loan, a gift from God
that Marlon and I get the privelege of building up
in Christ, so that he can follow God's path for
his life.
Happy Birthday, my sweet busy, Izzy!!

No comments: