Friday, January 20, 2006

And yet another week passes....

Here it is another Friday night--only tonight I was very productive!
I worked on worship music for Kid Zone all night. Kid Zone is
the K-1 Sunday programming at Elmbrook. I am the music coordinator
and have been very slack about getting together the music since we
started back up at the beginning of the month. I basically got out
the curriculum, all of my kid's worship CD's and just prayed over my
choices. I was able to get the entire semester completed!! Of course,
it's now 11:30pm and I started at 7:00pm!!! It feels good having it
accomplished though and knowing that I did it with integrity and led by
the spirit.

This past week
Marlon was able to purchase some Top Gun books for the bible study that he
leads at Kettle Moraine. For those who don't know, Top Gun is an amazing
men's bible study. Marlon went through it years ago, and it really was
a transforming experience for him. He has been with the inmates at Kettle
Moraine for about 2 years now and has done many bible studies with them.
They are a very grounded group of men and focused on Christ. Marlon has been
praying for a way to take the Top Gun study into the institution. What makes
it difficult is that it is VERY expensive to buy 20 copies of everything at once.
He had several conversations with people around church and was allowed to buy
one book to start for each. He feels so strongly about this that he put up
his own ministry money to do this. I know that these men and the people they
come in contact with are going to be so blessed!

Jordyn had her first experience with high school mid-terms! She did wonderfully
as she already found out a few of the scores. She will end up with another 4.0
this semester. Her personal goal is to have a 4.0 every semester of every year
so that she can have scholarships available to her when she goes to college. I
am so proud of how disciplined she is and thankful that God gave her the gift
of knowledge and desire to learn.

I had a funeral on Monday for a co-worker/friend's mother in law and then have
another this coming Sunday for my dear friend, Jenni's grandma. Wednesday was
also the 5 year anniversary of my Grandma Nickel Pickel's death. Very
reflective week as a result. It is so easy to take people for granted. We
all are guilty of doing it. How easily we are irritated by others...only to
truly miss the things that irritated us once they are gone. It's important to
remember that death is a part of our life and what will carry us into Heaven-if
we believe the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins...so each moment is important.
Each day a gift to give back to God.

Okay, better go to bed. Basketball games all day tomorrow. I love being a
mom and rooting them on!! Flash and Tarheels all the way!

No comments: