Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Love...

Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast....
Very famous words to the people of Corinth, very often used at weddings,
but how many of us really practise them? I am not sure what made me
decide to write about this, but it's just what came out, so I'll go
with it...lol. Marlon and I were taught this neat thing to do. Go to
1 Corinthians 13:4-8. Everywhere you see the for Love, replace your
name. Then live by those things. Nobody is perfect, Christ was the
only perfect human that will ever walk this earth....but we can strive
for, and pattern our life after biblical truths so that we are in
obedience to God's will. It doesn't say love is patient if the person
does what you want, or if you're having a bad day I can act all rude
and mean. I can't bring up past wrongs or be happy when another is
hurt or misled. We're always so quick to point a finger...myself
included and it says right there...it is not proud and not self-seeking.
Lord, I confess right now for any time that I did not follow these ways.
I can't think of a specific incident recently, but that is probably
because there are hundreds of incidents. I will remember to practise
obedience to your will, to let the spirit lead my direction. I will
be patient, kind, i will not boast or be envious...
Remember also, that this does not mean just the love with your spouse
or family. We are commanded to love others. In John 15:12-13, Jesus's
own words were, "My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay doesn his life for his friends."
Then he reiterates that in verse 17: "This is my command: Love each other."

So I'm gonna get right and set out upon my day.

No comments: