Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Sometimes life just is hard...

Today was a hard day. My cousin, Becky, had to testify in court and it was so emotinally draining. Without telling too much...she is not the one in trouble. She is a witness for a case the D.A. is trying against an ex-boyfriend. My aunt (her mom), another aunt and cousin went with her for support. I was able to leave work early to go and be with them. I really thank God for giving me a work environment where something like that is possible and I was actually encouraged to leave and be there for her.
I was so proud of her. She stood her ground, spoke the truth, stayed calm. The defense tried to break her, but she did so well. I know all of the prayers helped her keep her composure. The D.A. told her that he has never had a witness that was so good--recalling details, maintaining her story, keeping her head. It was so hard to see her have to relive it again. I can only look at him and his family with sorrow because of the way they have treated Becky and what they have put her through. I pray that she will allow me in just a little to be there for her as she continues to work through this.
There are times when it seems like God is just forgotten about you. It's not true. It's Satan playing on your emotions and betting that you will fall for the bait. We usually do. In our humaness we fall prey to his lies. Life is just hard sometimes. We live in a world that most definately has evil in it and things often are messy and ugly. But there is also grace...and mercy....and beauty...and love. The times when we are broken and down are often the times when we learn to go to Christ for strength, focus, help. His hand is extended and He is waiting for you...run to Him.
Lord, please keep Becky in your care and continue to tug on her heart, I know you are the Almighty God, who knows and sees all and however you see fit to handle this...I trust that Your plan is mighty and just. Please have mercy on her and I beg of you to grant her closure on this case. Let her feel your hand of comfort as she begins to finally heal.
Amen

No comments: