Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Just an update...

So the weekend went great. Saturday my talk on Prayer went well. I realized that we ordered a tad bit of food, but we were able to put some of it out for the volunteers on Sunday and use a little for our meeting. The pictures of the kids look wonderful! It took us more than a few times to get it right. With 6 kids, aging from 1 1/2 to 14 that shouldn't be suprising though. Then Marlon and I had our date night. That was a lot of fun too. It was nice to just hang out the two of us. We went to a movie, The Ringer. Although we both want to see Narnia, neither of us really felt like a long movie on a Sat. night...so we opted for laughter instead. Then we went to Olive Garden, and had some great conversation about us, our marriage, what we've come through... Special thanks to my parents who kept the boys overnight so we didn't have to go and pick them up until morning.
Sunday was nice because Marlon didn't have to go to prison. After church I had a meeting so he spent the afternoon watching football with the boys. Jordyn went to a movie with a friend and hung out with my parents for awhile. The rest of the day was spent relaxing, playing games with the boys and always, a little laundry!
Marlon is looking into doing something awesome once a month. There is this prison, Stanley, that he enjoys going to but is about 4 hours away. Right now BBO is there the first Sunday of the month and he rotates going with 1 or 2 other men. It is always hard because of the long drive and I have to admit I am always worried about his drive home. If he adds on a second prison, New Lisbon, to that day (which he often does because it is far up north as well) then he doesn't get home until 10ish. Well, he's always wanted to do a bible study and one on one counseling there, but with the drive hasn't really been able to. Since it's only once a month, I suggested that he stay overnight up there and then do the other stuff on Monday. Brother Bob used to do this there, so it isn't unheard of. Marlon liked the idea and quite honestly I think that he didn't realize I would be okay with that. There was a time that I would have been like, "No way...you can't leave once a month!" Like he was going on vacation or something. So he talked to the chaplain about it and he is going to bring it up at a meeting they're having this week and get back to Marlon. We are praying that God's will is served and if this is a good idea it will be blessed and granted. He also recieved his paperwork from Oak Hills to get clearance. This is going to be an exciting year for him with a lot of new possibilities.
As for me...life is good. I love my job and the stage of life I am in right now. Although to some people it might seem hectic...and I'll admit that it is busy...it's just as it should be right now. We are blessed to have the love and support of friends and family, blessed to have a home and the necessities, blessed to know that Christ is always with us throught the Holy Spirit and as long as we put our faith in Him and His plans for us...we will have peace and success.

No comments: