Sunday, January 29, 2006

God's Blessing to me...

Yesterday I came home from such an amazing retreat. The Ministry Wives conference put on by the Just Between Us magazine. I went last year and it was great as well, but this year, probably partly because of my comfort level, it far surpassed my expectations. The seminar sessions were informative and enjoyable, and as always Jill (Briscoe) was inspiring. I could listen to her talk and tell stories all day. She puts all of her heart into her words and you come away feeling encouraged, restored, lifted.
To be with other women that have some of the same struggles, hurts, worries as me is also phenomenal. Women from all over the country come and truly fellowship together. What does that mean? The table talks are not just about how many kids do you have...but true struggles and triumphs we've had in ministry.
I was able to spend time with my friend Andrea. We met last year and she was back again with her mother and also some women from the church plant that they are starting this summer. We discovered that we both have a love of writing and are now going to help keep each other accountable. Neither of us have ever pursued it very much, but both desire to do so...so this is something that we can do for each other. We are also making plans to get together sometime before next year.
I also met a great ladies named Marcy, Lisa...and even got to know better some women from my own church. It was nice to meet in a different capacity and chat about life issues, parenting struggles, racial inequities.
But best of all and probably my biggest blessing was meeting Gail. What a special
friend God sent me in her. (and I know now that someone can truly be a friend no matter what length of time they are in your life) We had amazing talks about prison ministry, reaching the lost, living in the fishbowl, and Granny. It didn't hit me until much later, but she allowed me to share much of my testimony and in doing so, also explain the part I feel that Granny played in that because of her vital daily prayers for Marlon and I. Without her interceding on our behalf...I don't know if we would have made all of the right choices. I didn't realize how much I needed to talk about that...cry about it...laugh about it. I thank Gail for giving me that and
always thankful first to my Lord and Savior for allowing me that gift.
Back to church and serving today. Then a candle party at my sister's and finally Marlon and I are going to a prison tonight. I am excited because I feel the spirit moving in me and I know it will be a blessed evening.

No comments: