Sunday, January 1, 2006

New Year!!

Welcome to 2006! The Pitchford's rang in the New Year with
an evening of games, movies and food! Marlon made steaks
on the grill and we toasted with the kids and Jordyn's friend
Margot at midnight with sparkling grape juice. What fun!

When I asked the kids if they had New Year's resolutions,
our youngest Izzy said that he was going to try not to
act so crazy and not to run so much in the house!! What a
cutie.

As for me, I usually don't do "resolutions" because there
is so much normally that I need to work on, but I do try
to recommit myself to things with a new start. I am
going to read more...make a concerted effort to read. I
love to read and used to read frequently, but I let that
slip so easily with busy schedules. We have an office
full of books I have not yet read and I need to devote
daily to the bible and give it the reverence that it
deserves. I also am going to allow myself the privelege
of taking time to slow down and relax. I am trusting
God to handle stripping away the things that I don't
need to be concerned with...He has been so faithful
with that already. I know that when I am closer to Him...
everything is that much better!

This year marks some exciting things for us as a family
as well. Marlon and I will be married for 8 years on
Jan. 16th. Marlon is planning to expand the institutions
that Brother Bob's Outreach ministers to. 4 cousins are
getting married which will involve a possible trip to
California (God willing) The boys have joined their first
basketball league at Elmbrook and Marlon is coaching two of
their teams...my brother-in-law the other. Marlon and I are
are working on possible marriage counseling in the prisons
as well as expanding the topics that we can speak on.
The boys will have their first trip to Disney in Nov. (a
wonderful Christmas gift from Marlon's Aunt/Pops/2 cousins/
and another aunt & uncle. Jordyn is going to start guitar
lessons. Wow...it's busy and it's only 1 day into the New
Year!!

I pray that each of you has a great time planning and enjoying
your 2006! May God lead and direct your plans.

No comments: