Sunday, January 15, 2006

Where does the time go...

I don't know how time passes so quickly! It seems like it was just Tuesday and I was writing the last entry. This has been a nice week-busy...but nice. Weekdays just always speed by with all of the activities. I do have to say that we keep it pretty streamlined. The boys are working on their rockets in boys club, so Marlon went with them on Thursday to help them get them ready. Next week he'll do the same to help as well. Friday was basketball practise and Saturday was the first game!! The boys did so well! Izzy's team lost by one basket and Elijah and Isaiah's teams won. Upward is a great league where each game is significant for the boys as they can earn stars based on offense, defense, effort, sportsmanship and Christ-likeness. It was a long day for me because Sat. night was our Souper Supper at church for the Children's Ministry. So I just stayed at church to cook, set up and then clean. I got home about 8:45pm. It turned out to be a pretty good event--considering it was my first where I was in charge of planning, ordering food, decorations, etc. I think it went well.
Today Marlon is at a prison. To be honest, I can't remember which one. He also met with the missions board today and had an opportunity to tell them about his ministry and what he does, also what his future goals are. He won't get home until about 9, so that'll be a long day for him. After church we went over to my parent's house because me, my mom, my dad, sister, aunt, and Jordyn are doing a Biggest Loser weight loss challenge together. It's the 2nd weigh in and so far I've lost 8 lbs. :)
Tomorrow is our anniversary!! 8 years. We've been through so much in our marriage that sometimes it seems much longer. When I look back over it all, I see how each moment prepared us for where we are today. I can honestly say that there is nobody that I would rather be with or married to. While it is certainly not perfect...we are so much more open and honest and loving and giving with each other. I know that there is nothing life can throw at us that God can't get us through. Changing the focus of our marriage really changed things for us. It's not about me or him, it's about always laying our selves before the Lord and letting him work on us to work it out. I am thankful every day for the incredible grace and mercy God gives me, the horrible relationships and warped thinking he delivered me from..so that I can be even somewhat prepared to be a loving, kind and caring wife.
Back to the laundry...

No comments: