Thursday, December 21, 2006

Can't think of a title!!

Well-we did it again--got 90% of our shopping done in one night! Found a lot of good sales and all that's left is a gift for my cousin (we exchange names on the Calderon's side) I even stayed up to get most of the wrapping done...didn't bring the kids stuff in from the car--will probably tackle that tomorrow night. One nice thing is with no Santa-there's not a need to hide. Once it's wrapped it can go under the tree!

Tomorrow will be a pretty full day. I have to work 1/2 a day, then run and buy cupcakes for Elijah's birthday (his b--day is in July but it's his "Star Student" week at school) then go to the school to help out at his class Christmas party. Marlon will chaperone Isaiah's class on their bowling field trip. Then we have my niece's concert tomorrow night and Jordyn is babysitting for her youth group leader's kids.

I still really can't believe that it's going to be Christmas already. The more I really think about it...I believe that Marlon being gone for Oct. and then all of us being gone for Thanksgiving totally threw off our pace of life for the fall. For fun I searched blogs with the word Christmas...it's cool to see all of the blogs with Christmas pictures, family photos, stories of how they celebrate. I know...Curious George!

As the year ends, it's always fun to look back over the year and think about all that's happened. 2006 was a good year and very blessed:

  • Marlon and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary--we've come a long way baby!!
  • My sister, aunt, mom, friend and I enjoyed an awesome weekend away at Breakway! (and I certainly can't wait until this March for another!)
  • Marlon coached the boy's Upward basketball teams, last season of rec soccer and Izzy's baseball team
  • We met Kilyouni Kilounde from Zambia during Elmbrook's International Center
  • Jordyn finished her freshman year with a 4.3 GPA
  • Many weddings: Lannetta & Ansley, Kris & Stacy, Rafe & GerryLynn, Dustin & Michelle
  • Our annual family get away to the Wilderness-the kids had such a good time and I am always amazed at how brave they are!!
  • Summer activities: Discovery Days, Musical Camp, Kids Kamp
  • Marlon got another 2 classes under his belt
  • I got to coach my friend from Teen MOPS, Jackie, during her delivery
  • Isaiah switched to select soccer and we entered a whole new world!
  • Marlon's mission trip to Africa--what an amazing month for all of us. Really reminded us to put first things first and stay focused on Him.
  • Harvest Fest and Jubilee at Elmbrook
  • The Pitchford vacation to Florida

It looks so nice and simple when you just bullet the "big" things...lol.

Before I go, I have a prayer request. My cousin, Jasmine, died three years ago tomorrow. She was only 18 and it was very unexpected...they believe it to be meningitis. She woke up feeling ill on a Sat.---told my aunt and uncle she thought she was going to die, was in a coma by Sunday and by Monday she was pronounced dead. Please pray for my Aunt Josie, Uncle Larry, and cousins: Larry Jr., Joseph and Gabrielle. Pray that they continue to heal, that they continue to embrace life and have some happy moments amidst the feelings of loss they still deal with on a daily basis.

Love your families. Let go of anger and hurt. Live in honesty and hold yourself accountable for your actions and "re"actions. Don't dwell on the past. Life is too short.

I doubt I'll be back on before Christmas...so much still to do. So if I'm not--have a very, very Merry Christmas!! God's blessing on you and yours!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Lucky you not having to do the "santa" thing! Gabby still "believes" in him or at least she says she does...who knows Nick told us he knew about santa for a couple years before he told us he didn't, he thought he was getting extra presents that way....goofy kid. Of course we have Owen now so it all starts over again!

Enjoy your weekend preparing for Christmas and if I don't talk to you before then have a very Merry Christmas!!!

P.S. Troy said something about working on the website with Marlon Saturday night but I am not sure if I will be around I am going to go deliver some presents to some of the teen moms that were donated. Oh and tell Marlon I have Frontpage if he needs that to do the website.

Love Ya!!!

yes I am up at 3:22am...feeding Owen...again!!!

Beth said...

Mindy-
You are an inspiration to me.God bless you.Missed you guys at the game the other night. Had to spend time with Zach doing homework. We plan to go to your church sunday at the 3:30 service. If we don't see you, have a wonderful Christmas. See you on the 31st.
~Beth