Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Just an update...

Hi everyone--
like the title says...just an update today. Monday we had our Christmas party for Children's Ministry and revealed our secret santa gifts. I got some really cool scrapbooking stuff from Cheri. She was the best secret santa...her gifts were totally perfect for me. We had wonderful food, fun chats...it was just nice to get out of the office and hang out together for a few hours. Then we broke struck the set for Bethlehem Marketplace for the rest of the day.
My friend Jackie and I were talking about how we have a sort of "senioritis" this week. Knowing that the building is closed next week and that I only have a 1/2 day on Friday to help out with the kids Christmas parties...it is very hard to concentrate at work...lol. There's also so much to do at home to get ready--it is like I'm just not keeping up. The one thing that I am doing different is that I am not allowing myself to get stressed by it. Perspective is just totally different for us this year.

Then this month is always a hard month financially because there are so many of Marlon's contributors that don't send their normal contribution because they do an end of the year gift--Jordyn's dad also lost his job so her child support is not coming regularly (when it does come)--so it's just always a walk in faith. Not that other months aren't, this one is just more so because for the past 3 years that he's been a full time missionary it's been this way in December. Another yucky thing is knowing that our van is dying and we'll need to get something new soon. Seriously dying. But I just know that it's going to last the winter. After Christmas we'll have my cousin who's a mechanic take a look at it and get it all tuned up and then we should be good to go until at least March.

My house was a crazy mess this morning as we were on the hunt with the boys for a hat, a pair of gloves and pair of glasses....new glasses mind you, just replaced last week. Chaos, never ending chaos of lost and misplaced, forgotten things.

Tonight is a soccer game (what else is new) and tomorrow night Marlon and I will probably get some Christmas shopping done.

Meanwhile--the 12 days of Christmas is going very well. The kids are really enjoying it. Today is day 8--so in a few days I can post the whole shebang for you.

That's all for now. Back to work.

No comments: