Sunday, December 10, 2006

Weekend...

What a great weekend this was. Friday our friends, Eda and Albo from Nairobi, Kenya came for dinner. We talked about differences in worship here and there...ministry...racial things...everything under the sun really. We had a great time and will definately have to get together again.
Yesterday we went to Bethlehem Marketplace at Elmbrook. Really try and get there if you can. Amazing. The kids were much older and got so much more out of it. The way everyone stays in character just adds so much to the experience. Marlon is kind of mentoring this boy Collin and so he came and spent the day with us yesterday. He seemed to really enjoy himself. He's 16 and lives in Mukwonago. He seems to really just need an outlet to relax, get a different perspective about life and process. That is one place where Marlon really uses his gifts well...he can help young people get themselves in check---but in a way where they respect him and his opinions. He seemed to really connect with our boys as well and they of course thought he was great. After Bethlehem Marketplace I had worship practise and then service...Marlon, Collin, the boys and my niece went to visit with Pops in Milw. After service my sister picked me up at church and brought me home--then I watched my nieces while Connie and Rod went bowling with my parents. Afterwards they all stopped over--talk about a full house...lol. After everyone went home and Marlon ran Collin home I got things ready for church. Today because I sang I had to be at church from 7am to noon. Then I went to lunch with a good friend from high school, Jeri. Do you have the kind of friend where you can see each other only once or twice a year...but when you do it's like there's been no time in between? It's an awesome thing. I have a few friends like that and they are truly those special people that are part of your life for always. Jeri is one of them. We probably could have talked even longer, but of course we had to get back to our families. Then at 5 was Isaiah's soccer game. They played pretty good, especially for having 10 days in between games...and lost by one point. This was the last game for indoor session 1. Now there a little break before session 2 begins. Actually sports are about to really take over because basketball begins the first week of Jan. for the other two boys!! Jordyn and I will really need a girl's day out then!
So as I was folding clothes tonight and thinking back over my weekend I just had to thank God for the blessings that He's given us. When we flounder and make mistakes--He is forgiving and understanding. When we get caught up in our own choices and don't put Him first--He showers us with grace and mercy and gives us a new day to start fresh. Each day is new in Him and a new chance to serve His will. Blessings all around---friends, both old and new, family that I love to spend time with, a full house of love, children that love the Lord, my Grandma that lives right next door so that I can be there for her as she needs me. Don't overlook and take for granted your blessings. Nite!

No comments: