Saturday, December 30, 2006

Friendship and Illness and Cool "Luck"

This is a picture of Izzy and his good friend Jalen at their Christmas concert. This is the buddy that came to play the other day. I finally got my camera back from Pops and Niecy's house so I just had to post this picture because it was so cute. Izzy just had to wear a tie to the concert-he loves getting dressed up!

Now Illness--that's because I am sick :( Yesterday I started feeling worse (we've all had little sniffle/cough colds) and my back started to hurt. Not hurt like it does from time to time because of my bulged discs--more like from congestion. Whenever I cough or take a deep breath it just aches. I slept horribly and napped off and on all day switching from the bed to the recliner to the couch just to try and get comfortable. Decided against going tomorrow for two reasons. One-if I feel like this there is no way I can make it with the 1 1/2 drive and then 2 hours of worship service and a 1 1/2 drive home--I'd rather give them a day to try and find someone else than cancel at the last minute and Two-germs travel so rampantly through prisons. Once one inmate gets sick it infects EVERYONE and so we try to never go when we are sick. Disappointing, but it's better to be careful and safe.

Lastly-cool "luck"--I say that because I really don't believe in luck-so it's just like a little joke. Anyway--I've talked about how the boys and Marlon are going to the Harlem Globetrotter game tomorrow afternoon. Well my mom just got a call from a girl at work that she was able to get her 3 tickets so me and my parents are going to watch a little of the game--mostly to see Elijah as a Jr. Globetrotter. It's funny because so many people have asked me if it was hard for me to let Marlon and the boys go. It wasn't because I know they need their "boy" time and with only 4 tickets there's no way I'd go instead of Marlon...but there was a little part of me that was going to miss Elijah being part of the show. Now I don't need to.

Anyway--going to lay back down for a bit. If I'm up to it later, I may post some Christmas pictures.

No comments: