Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Good day

Today is going to be a good day. Great day actually. Right now I am taking a break from my busy, busy data entry stuff. Yucky. But I am sticking to my game plan of viewing it only as a temporary task that comes along with job. I am also using the time to randomly pray over the kids names as I enter them. That seems to be helping.

Later today we are going to lunch and a movie as a Children's Ministry staff. It's been awhile since we done that together and it's usually a really fun time together.

Then tonight Jordyn is inducted into National Honor Society. Most of us will be there. (there is a basketball game--so Marlon will take Elijah to that) but everyone else can help her celebrate! She is such an amazing young lady. I love her spirit, her sense of humor, her exuberance for learning and her desire to stay close to God. I know that there will be struggles (there have been before and will be again) and I know that her path will not always go smoothly. I pray that when those storms come I am strong and faithful and lean on God to get through them as a parent. I pray that she is grounded enough in Him to hang on through the drought. She is still going strong with a 4.2 GPA, a severe love of world history, an earned letter in Academics, a strange affection 4-the Beatles-and all things 80s, and a longing to attend Notre Dame. I maintain in prayer that she remains close to God.

And even with all of this positivity---there is sadness. My dear friend is dealing with her father's health issues added to a long list of other family concerns, my Grandma is still seeming a little out of place without her home, my dad is bored out of his gourd being home recouping from his surgery and struggling with not feeling like the provider of his household, another friend is hurting...

Circumstance. Temporary. Nothing of this world, nothing of our day matters eternally other than our belief and faith that Jesus Christ, Creator of All, died for our sins and laid down His life so that we may be free. And that is beyond anything I can even fathom. When I mess up-I no longer dwell in shame and despair or even try to justify. I lay it at the cross, turn my face back to His glory and get back on track.

Yep. It's a good day.

No comments: