Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Prayer please.........

Please pray for my Grandma, Amelia Calderon. She asked tonight that I get this out to as many people as possible for prayer. She went for MRA results today for a mass on her kidney. She had to have my aunt tell me, but the dr. believes the tumor to be cancerous and wants it removed asap. Because of her diabetes, the dr. has several tests that need to be done first--just to be proactive in case when they go in they need to take one of her kidneys. She asked to wait until after Christmas--the dr. said no. She is really afraid. I've only ever seen my Grandma cry from sadness/fear very, very few times so it was hard to see. She actually said that if she had a choice between surgery and only 5 years left on earth she'd take the 5 years. She has always been someone who prays and talks to God---but I don't think she is in that place for herself right now.

Please pray for her to rely on God in this. For all of us to be a support for her and not to fall apart as we find out more. Pray for wisdom for her doctors and also clarity as they explain things to her. Pray for me to be strong and supportive for my family--much of whom are not believers.

Thanks. It means a lot to be able to get this out to you and know that there are people who will pray for her.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Praying for Grandma and you :) Hugs :) See you tonight...dress warm!!!