Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

In the midst of pain there is laughter
In the midst of frustration there is tenderness
In the midst of fear there is comfort
In the midst of life---there must be thanksgiving.

I love this time of year as it runs into Christmas. There is something powerful that affects me greatly. My childhood memories of this time of year are very happy--so I know that has something to do with it...but since becoming a Christian it means even more. Part of my love also comes from knowing that this is a raw time of year for many people and they are open to hearing the gospel and accepting kindness and love in ways they aren't during the rest of the year.

He is Creator of all. He is the beginning and the end. He always sees the big picture and always has our best interest in mind. He will always be our rock and shield. He expects us to do great things and rejoices with us when we make good decisions and turn from sin. He gives and takes away.

Things I am Thankful For: My Salvation---that He cared enough for me to lay down His life so that I might live eternally with Him in Heaven. My husband---while we drive each other crazy at times, he is my forever love. My children---their laughter, their love of life, their joy...My family---we are so close and each has such a special place/relationship. That my needs are met on a daily basis. That I have gifts I can use to help others know about Christ. That He loves me!!!.........

Couldn't we all go on and on and on and on....yes we could. On the flip side, I have to challenge myself not to allow myself to become complacent and live in a bubble where because I am thankful for those things...I forget that there is a whole big world out there that doesn't enjoy those things...that doesn't have the hope of a future...that doesn't know the freedom they can have in Christ. For me, this is easy to remember because my first mission field is my extended family. Let me never become complacent in my joy of Christ. Let me never be selfish with my thankfulness.

Enjoy your day today, however you "celebrate". Take a minute to really, really thank God!!

Much love :)

1 comment:

Beth said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. May the day bring full and content tummies along with love and happiness. God bless you !