Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ahhh the Sun!!!

So this might not be EXACTLY what it looked like today....but it sure felt like it!! I can't even begin to explain how lovely the sun was today---this whole weekend actually! I am sure all of you Wisconsinites can concur :) We sure needed it. It does put me in a spring mood---which means SPRING cleaning! It's funny because while daily cleaning gets overwhelming with my schedule and the chaos of our lives...lol...I LOVE spring cleaning. I like getting the winter's worth of gunk cleaned up. I like getting all of the wood work shining. I like clearing out the closets and passing on clothes. I like packing up winter coats and boots!!! (I especially like that!) So in the next few weeks I know that I'll get to do that fun job and can't wait!!

Teaching today went well. I used this neat "science experiment" to teach the Easter lesson. We've used it a lot with this age group over the years, but it was the first time I actually taught it. I love how kids at that age (K-1) are so enthralled with everything----they can't contain their excitement and don't try to hide that they think something is cool. Of course...friends, school, peer pressure haven't really gotten to them yet...lol!!

The boys lost their basketball game today. It was the last one for the Waukesha BB League so they were very excited. It was fun because two of the Isaiah's old teammates from soccer were on the opposing team-so it was fun to play against them. What made it more fun tho' is that one of the boys is on their AAU team, Wisconsin Warriors in Milwaukee. Marlon needed a few more spots filled and so he asked a few players that'd he'd seen around all season if they wanted to come and try out. It's going to be a good team. They have one kid on this team who is 5'8 and one who is 5'10! These are just 6th graders mind you...lol. They're so excited to play at this intense level and the travelling has them excited too. I say I like them both on the same team with Marlon as the coach because then I don't have to help with carpooling!! Since one night of practice is on Thursdays they get their buddy Colin to come and "co" coach those nights too. I get Izzy and baseball patrol. This is our first year with the select baseball team at this level and boy---they have games up the wazoo! I keep teasing Marlon and the boys that one of these days I'm just going to ban sports all together and we're going to all take a DANCE class!!! Yeah right mom----dream on!

Jordyn just informed me that she is going to bed??? That girl LOVES her sleep! It is 7:45 mind you!! I asked if she was going to have sweet dreams about the boy she likes...lol...she was like, "maybe...haha" Glad it's only in the dreams at this point...lol. That girl kills me. Sweet 16 and never been kissed!! Let's keep it that way for just a little longer if we can. :) Too many raging hormones!

Have a great night!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ahhh spring cleaning...I have officially started that around here as it is quite the project.

I am with you on wanting to pack away all these stupid winter coats and boots...enough already...bring on spring!