Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What Matters Most...

As I am trying to find out who I am again....by that I mean---what my interests are, what floats my boat, what I'd like to spend my free time doing (not based on my kids dreams, Marlon's dreams, ministry goals...) I still need to keep in the forefront that I am nothing without Christ. Period. I can try and get by each day on my own...make my own way...get through each struggle...but without Him I will not be successful.
When I look back on my life...I do not have regrets. I know that what I experienced helped create me into the woman I am. I know that I am able to reach the ladies at Teen MOPS in a special way because of that. I know that I can challenge very closed minded Christians about their views because of that. I know that I can minister to the lost because of that.
That being said...I certainly hope that I might help someone NOT make the same mistakes that I did. Do not be fooled. It is only by the grace of God, His ordained plan for my life that I am alive. There are many times I got behind the wheel of the car...or in a car with someone that had no business driving. I was in an abusive relationship and choked to the point of passing out. I hung out at places where u stayed until the shootin’ started. Any of those times could have resulted in horrible, even deathly circumstances. As a Christian woman who now sees God’s sovereignty--I know that everything that happens is part of our story and our road to Him. I am thankful DAILY that He allowed me to survive the storms I have so that I might tell others how amazing life with Him is.
I don’t believe in luck. I do believe that we all have an ordained purpose. God can redeem ANYTHING AND ANYONE. There is nothing you can do...nothing you have already done that He can’t forgive. He is waiting for us. But why do we stay in the same old patterns, living the same old life and then expect that things are going to change. Why do we make poor choices and live without regard for our well-being and then "pray" that God will get us out of the jams that we got ourselves into? We have no right to expect that. And yet...
He will. All He is waiting for is for you to turn to Him. Admit that you don’t have it all figured out. Admit that you need Him. Believe in your heart that He was sent here to die so that our sins would be forgiven and we could have eternal life in Heaven with God. That is the ultimate gift.
My worst day with Christ is better than my best day without Him. He is and always will be all I need.

No comments: