Thursday, March 13, 2008

What's been up....

Well---I've been nursing my cold again this week. I swear this is the same dumb cold I've had since late last fall and it just lies dormant for a few weeks and then returns. Tues. and Wed. were the worse! Today I woke up and my headache was finally gone-but my head is still full of cotton and my cough is still pretty bad. Yuckies!

So Tuesday morning I went for my massage. Stuffy nose and all---I wasn't passing that opportunity up! For Christmas I got a gift certificate to Norelli. I had not been there and let me tell you--what a luxurious experience! They really pamper you. It's definately not something I'm comfortable spending the money on often---but I think once or twice a year as a treat/gift I'd be okay with it. Plus it did wonders for my neck and shoulders. The massage therapist even said that when I first laid on my back my shoulders really weren't even touching the bed! It was a special treat and I'm so thankful to my hubby for helping me snag that gift in the "white elephant" gift exchange!

Tuesday night was my first "solo" Clubhouse Kids. It was hard because of how I felt, but I know that my excitement helped make up for it. My co-worker Ali did the teaching and it was awesome. We talked about how we try to make ourselves "cool" and worry about fitting in with other people and how that is not what God wants us to be. The kids really seemed to get it. It's so fun to see them come in with their smiles and giggles and hugs. Next Tuesday I get to teach the gospel message to them. I found a great teaching about how God paid the ultimate price for us.

Yesterday was a really long day-even tho' I didn't go to Teen MOPS. The work day itself just seemed to drag on and on. Our staff meeting was really frustrating to me and I had to do a lot of praying last night about it. Sometimes I think people would just rather I shut up and kept my opinions to myself because it makes them uncomfortable or makes them have to deal with things they don't want to. Well, anyone who knows me knows that is definately not me...lol! If there are problems and issues---why would we pretend there isn't? While feelings are not always in line with the truth---feelings can't be ignored either. I think it's okay to have uncomfortable conversations and to not always agree. Anyway--ministry is life and life is hard and sometimes there is conflict. Sometimes you do shady stuff (even if your intent wasn't shady) and the truth will always be brought to light. Sometimes you try to tell half truths and then kid yourself into thinking it's the full truth. Again---the truth will always be brought to light. Better to just be on the up and up from the get go and deal with the consequences as they come.

Tomorrow is my first Friday off!! Yay :) I am sooo looking forward to having a nice day around the house with no obligations. I'll get the boys off to school in the morning and then have all day to do some cleaning, probably take a nap, laundry, studying. It'll be nice. If the sun is out I think I might even head into the park for a walk.

This weekend leads to some full days, so I better relish in the time off tomorrow. Saturday is our Easter Treasure Hunt at Elmbrook. We filled to capacity this year---almost 250 kids and 225 adults! Since my age group will be well represented--I will be working, although it will be so much fun it'll really won't be like work. Then on Sunday I work of course. I am teaching this weekend in Kid Zone.

Alright--the Nyquil is kicking in--so I'm gonna go. Have a good night everyone!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

You need to getter better! Sending you healthy vibes :)