Sunday, March 2, 2008

Well the morning was simply amazing and I could just see God's hand on the time. Kids remembering me from last year, parent knowing me from summer camp, teachers that were excited to put my name together with my face and realizing they already knew me. While I know there will be dozens of little details that I will have to stay on top of...ask questions about...the meat and potatoes of the ministry I really have faith that I will be able to do well. I just love K-1. It was really fun too because the 2nd hour worship leader had to miss today so I got to fill in for her which I always love to do. Jackie had a coordinator meeting scheduled today so we just kept that---so I got to have my first meeting. And in one hour a teacher is having a stressful classroom situation so I got to sit down and problem solve with her. I passed out a "Get to Know You" survey for the teachers to do and most of them already turned them back in to me. My two main desires for the rest of this school year is to (1)help the teachers stay focused and driven to end the year well and refreshed and (2)get to know the kids and help them know who I am.

Oh yeah---Amy I met your sister and niece today! Your niece is going to be a teen helper==isn't that cool? She is a BIG cutie! Your sister knew who I was by my last name. Small world.

Finally for tonight I ask you to pray for my blogger friend Michelle. Her mother went home to Jesus today!! So they are rejoicing and her loved ones are in mourning. She did an amazing job of journaling her mother's road the past month or so. You can read it HERE. It reminds me a little of my mom and my Grandma. It's a true testiment to the kind of woman she was based on how great her daughter is. Please pray for their entire family during this time.

Night all. I'm pooped!

No comments: