Saturday, March 1, 2008

Excited!!!

I am so excited!! Tomorrow is my first Sunday working :) I've shadowed Jackie a couple of Tuesdays, but because of our New York trip-this is the first time I am "officially" working/training for Sunday. I think the realization of the impact my job has hit me this weekend. As the Ministry Assistant for K-1, I am in essence responsible for providing effective, meaningful opportunities for almost 600 kids to encounter Christ. Wow. Today I was googling for different curriculum...worship music...teaching videos...there's so much to take in and so much to weed through because there is a lot of garbage out there mixed in with the good stuff. I'm also excited because this is going to challenge me in ways that my current position just really couldn't. I'm looking forward to thinking out of the box for new teaching (I get to teach the Easter lesson this year!!) and also ways to encourage my volunteers and families.

Alright. Not sure how I'm gonna sleep tonight, my mind's racing with ideas...but I figure I'd better at least lay down so that can help!

I'll let you know how it goes :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Can't wait to hear all about your morning :)