Saturday, November 25, 2006

Home...

So we got home on Thursday about 9pm. Our flight left late. The plane was so empty...we all got to switch our seats around pretty much wherever we wanted to sit. Uncle Jerome even got to move up to first class. At 6'4, it's good for him to be able to stretch his legs out. There were quite a few kids on the flight home...arguably some of the most misbehaved children I've seen in awhile. The flight attendant was so sweet...she came to our row, bent over by the boys and handed them each a brownie...then said, "You three are so well-behaved and sweet...here's something for being so good....when the others aren't." The boys were so excited. As a mom, of course it makes you proud for your kids when are caught doing what they're supposed to and then rewarded for it. I'm thankful for those times (one other time when they were with their grandma out for a breakfast, a stranger paid for all of their breakfasts because they were such a pleasure to sit by) that they get positive reinforcement from people other than us. It's one thing for your mom and dad to give you encouragement...it's another for a stranger to point out when you do something well.
Anyway...yesterday Marlon had to get back on track by going to a prison for bible study (the boys and I straightened up) then we went to visit with Pops and pick up Chloe' from my mother in law. At Pops, Niecy gave me three large crates of clothes. I love it when she cleans our her closet! lol It's such a blessing for me because I hate to spend money on myself and if I do, I never want to spend much. She has such nice things and takes such good care of them that it looks like brand new stuff. Today we sat around lazy all day (well except for laundry which is always being done...lol) Tomorrow is church and then we have a prison to go to at night.

As for the remainder of our Florida trip...I'll post more pictures. We went to Universal Studios/Island of Adventure on Tues., Wed. and even a few hours on Thurs. before we left. Uncle Jerome stayed back on Wed. and cooked a yummy Thanksgiving dinner for us all. I must say it was one of the most relaxing vacations I've been on. There's something to be said about going when someone else is making the plans...normally with my family I help do a lot of the planning and "entertaining" so it was different to just sit back and go with the flow. I wasn't sure it I'd like it or not--- not being "in charge", but it was a nice break and needed rest. We had a blast! The Pitchford's are already talking about making this an every other year or every third year tradition...taking time to see other attractions different years. As long as we stay in that same beautiful house!!!

No comments: