Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Teen MOPS

So tonight I spoke at Teen MOPS. To know more click on this link http://www.elmbrook.org/articlelink.asp?iid=154 It was a lot of fun. I couldn't stick around to chat and mingle afterwards, but I had gone early to make sure I got some time to do that beforehand. It was good to see everyone-leaders included. I've said before that one hard part about going on a part time basis is that it really makes me miss it. God is at work there in a big way. I feel it when I walk in...hard to explain without sounding like a kook...lol. I think so much has to do as well with the great way the teen center is working with our youth. Check out the teen center here http://www.one2oneteencenter.org/

I think the talk went well. Sometimes it's hard to tell because the fruit of discussion can happen AFTER there's been time for follow up and reaction. It would be interesting to know what the girls thought about it--and the leaders as well. With not attending at all the month of Oct. I am not sure if it was in line with what other's have discussed or did I just really go left field on them??
Lord, I pray in all of Your might that each girl there tonight would think further about what was shared. That they might see you as a today-just for them-full of love Messiah-fully God yet fully man and not a far away God who hangs somewhere in the heavens to judge and punish them. I pray that as they make daily choices that they would pause to consider what is the moral, right and just decision. That they would feel You near and be pulled to find out more about You. That they will not find rest or peace until they are safely wrapped in Your arms. Equip the leaders with discernment, wisdom and passion for these girls. Love I know is already there...but guide them as they make decisions regarding semantics like programming, speakers, etc. and iron out all of those little details so that their focus can be right with You. Thank for this opportunity and thank you for providing a place for us to meet. In Your name.
Amen

1 comment:

Amy said...

Missed seeing you last night too. I made it there last week but just couldn't this week. We got about 1-2 hours sleep the night before and I am trying to fight off a nasty cold. Glad it went well. If I don't talk to you have fun in Florida!!!