Thursday, November 9, 2006

Sick

So the Pitchford house has been sick this week. Actually just Marlon, Jordyn and I. Jordyn was just down for an evening with a horrible headache and stomach ache. Marlon and I had full fledged stomach flu. I must admit that sometimes for me, being ill isn't that bad. While I hate the feeling you have when you are sick...it's really the only time when I am totally at rest. I know, I know...probably why I get sick so often lately. It's funny because the whole time Marlon was gone I didn't get ill once. The week of Harvest Fest I had a few days of exhaustion...but Sunday nite--bam! It hit me. Tuesday-little better-still went to bed super early, Wednesday did alright and today I was doing okay. Not 100%, but okay. I picked the kids up from school today because Marlon went down for the count last night. We stopped at the store so they could get "fun" snacks for their bag lunch tomorrow (all school field trip to the PAC) and on the way home it hit me again like a ton of bricks. I do have to say it was so funny to hear my three sons all chanting, "green light...green light...green light" all the way home. My oldest was like, "oh Mom...please don't puke in the car, that's gross!" Like that would be MY choice...lol. What it did mean was I missed worship practise--so I won't be part of service this weekend. Odd blessings, because it means I won't have a weekend of chaos and a long Sunday. I know I need to read again about Sabbath and shabbat. That is my weak area (um...okay there are about 2,000, but we'll start with that!) It is so easy for me to fall back into busy mode. Much of my life before becoming a Christian was spent "doing". I've always been one to pitch in and help, lend a hand to others-even if it meant putting myself way out. Becoming a Christian certainly didn't change that. If anything it may have made that stronger. What I continue to learn and be reminded of though is that I have to focus and be guided strictly by what God wants me to do. When I lose that focus and rely on my own judgement and my own discretion--I easily fall back into the habit of being the "yes" girl. Need a speaker for an event--why yes I can! Need someone to volunteer on a weekend--why yes I can! Need cookies baked for class party--certainly! etc, etc.
Anyway...not sure how I got to my business from my illness...but such is life in the mind of a random thinker. Now off to switch the laundry and then bed. Peace.

No comments: