Sunday, February 25, 2007

Been so long...

Wow---it's been since Tuesday since I blogged. That just says how busy we've been...lol.

The ACM at church was so great on Wednesday--and I did stay away until 10am. (Thanks again Beth for keeping an eye on Isaiah Wed. night) It was such a long day, but still a ton of fun. The "Elmbrook Idol" was a big hit! It was nice to hear about what has been accomplished in the past year and what future endeavors we are moving toward. We ended up being there until about 9:45 and then a few of us went to Chile's for appetizers and margaritas. Strawberry Mango--yum.

Thursday I had so much on my plate at work I stayed until 6 and then came home to watch my nieces. Friday was a full day at work again, but I had a nice break going to lunch with Marlon and the boys. Jordyn went to her dad's for the weekend, Marlon and the boys went to Dom's birthday party and I went with my mom to my sister's "Body Shoppe" party. We got to use all of the spa treatments and lotions--so of course I'll be having one of those parties as well...lol. When there's a good deal for free stuff, how can I NOT have one. Saturday was shopping all morning (Wal-Mart, Pick N Save and Aldis---I love shopping alone...lol) Then we had Upward, dinner with my family and watching my nieces until 9:00.
The snow. Yay!!! It caused our meetings to be cancelled at church today AND we weren't able to go to the prison tonight---so we decided to play hookey from church and stay in. What a wonderfully uneventful day!! It was so nice to have nowhere to go. Marlon hasn't been home on a Sunday since December! I slept until 8:30 (which is actually late for me) did very minimal cleaning/laundry and just basically vegged alllll day. Whew--wonderful, wonderful.
I love how the yards look all full of the snow. It's so pretty--of course I haven't had to drive in it yet--so ask me tomorrow. The boys of course went to bed hoping that it would snow another 11 inches so that they can stay home one more day. Jordyn of course wants school.
My cough is still hanging on, although I'm not stuffy/congested anymore. I swear sometimes my chest and back aches so much it hurts to even sit up. I really just have to try and rest when I can because work is going to continue to be BUSY, BUSY, BUSY! Most of the busyness is coming from Camp Vertical---our new ministry endeavor. Anyone with young kids should really check this out. I think it's going to be an awesome outreach opportunity and a chance for our "church" kids to really reach out and be involved in activities with "non-church" kids. Whatever that means really. Those who know Jesus and those who don't? Because other than that they deal with and experience so much of the same things. But I digress.

You can find out more about Camp Vertical here. Call the hotline with any questions and send any registrations to Elmbrook--attention Mindy. It's going to be a great summer.

Anyway---off to finish watching the Oscar's. Actually, I am watching it between Law & Order---I just like to see the awards that I care about. Jennifer Hudson won!! Yay! I am happy for her. I liked her when she was on AI and think that she should have lasted much longer than she did. I know, I know....I'm a reality TV junkie...lol...what can I say? I'm a sucker to see others cry, compete in excruciating challenges, reach their goals, and make fools of themselves. (All reality shows seem to have those elements!)

Good night---I am going to try and fall asleep before midnight---it's been awhile since that has happened.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I think everyone has been on a blogging vacation this week...lol.

Only 4 more days until our retreat!!!