Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Mohawks...Magne...Music

Here are the boys mohawks. They have of course grown out now, but they both want them shaved back in this weekend. Isaiah opted out on the mohawk do. Everyone at school thought they were so cool and of course the boys ate that up...lol. I say--it's hair--it grows back. We've already had the questions starting about when can they get their one ear pierced, which we've said isn't even open for discussion until middle school--so at least we've held that one off for awhile!!





In my post on Monday I spoke of my friend Jenni's new blog. Well, here is a picture of her daughter Magne. (pronounced mah-nya) Isn't she the most beautiful thing? I mean cute kids definately run in my family (look at my nieces and cousins kids after all) but this girl is just this exotic combination of her mom and dad. I just couldn't resist sharing.


Well, we finally have our songs for Friday night. The 6 of us will be leading worship for the Children's Ministry Conference at Elmbrook. There should be over 350 people there on Friday (close to 700 now total for the whole thing) so it will be interesting to see how the kids handle it. We led worship for a large group as a family one other time...but that was in I think 2003?? So the kids were only 4, 5, 6 and 11...not quite as aware of what they were being signed up for...lol. I've picked songs that I know they know well and the conference attendees should know also. It's very exciting and only a little nerve-wracking. I'm more stressed by all of my job duties that go with conference than the volunteer roles I am playing. I won't stay on Friday night--we'll worship together and then head home. We're going to watch Open Season and have Marlon's yummy popcorn. Then on Sat. I will have to be to the church bright and early for registration (like 7ish) and stay until the boys Upward games in the afternoon. Then Sat. night I'll watch my nieces again and then Marlon will have to get my parents from the airport. Sunday is Sunday school and then in the afternoon Elijah's Jr. Choir is going to sing at a nursing home and Marlon will be gone all afternoon and evening at a prison. Another busy, busy weekend. What can I say? This season of life is sure teaching me to rely on His strength and not my own.

Night all.











6 comments:

Michelle said...

LOVE the haircuts! I'm of the same opinion when it comes to hair. You've got to give your children some freedoms and that is one I gladly give. Now the earring thing, that would be a struggle for me! Still haven't made it into Elmbrook...due to my situation! But I HAVE to get there either today or tomorrow! :) Hope to meet you soon.
P.S. The Amy comment of her speaking highly of me....way too much pressure! I'm a mess like everone else!

Beth said...

That is the exact picture I was talking about last night. She is so beautiful, exotic says it all! She should be in ads.
Can't wait to see her all grown up. Look out. Maybe Izzy should keep his eye out for her. Good luck friday.

Mindy said...

lol...she just said you were a great person and that we probably would get along great.
the earring thing...Marlon had one when he was younger--grown still but younger--so I'm not against them, I just don't know if it's something we'll make them wait until 18 to do or not.
decisions....decisions....lol

i don't think i know what your situation is...but whenever you get a chance to come over--i'll be there!

Michelle said...

The situation was all the drama surrounding the prolapsed uterus this week! I freaked out, had to make a dr.'s appt., go to the dr., I dwell on things and they consume me....blah, blah, blah! :)
Maybe today after I take Emma to school???

btw, Magne is gorgeous...very exotic!

:) Talk to you soon-

Mindy said...

oh yes...the uterus and kegel issues...lol...I understand and can relate.

Amy said...

Mindy I love the haircuts. Nick begged us for an earring from like 4th grade on and we finally caved the summer before freshman year. Then all through high school he begged for a tatoo and I said absolutely not. Well now he is 18 and could go get one if he wanted with out my permission and he still hasn't...kinda funny if you think about it.

Michelle you are too funny...there is no pressure...lol...I just meant that you and Mindy both have fun, outging personalities and I know you would get along good. Sorry to hear about your uterus..doesn't sound fun...I will keep you in my prayers :)