Thursday, February 15, 2007

Total Praise

There's this song....Total Praise...by Richard Smallwood. The Brooklyn Tabernacle choir sings it as well as many other gospel choirs. You can check it out here. When the site comes up just change the song to Total Praise. It was sung at Granny's funeral and it is probably one of the most amazing songs I've ever heard. It's actually still hard to hear without crying. And it's one of the songs that we're singing this weekend at church. Now mind you, it won't have quite the same "soul" as when sung by a gospel choir...but they're certainly trying. :) Either way...it's amazing to sing it and I can feel Granny's spirit and smile just around me when we sing it. I love how worship can just bring us into the presence of the Holy Spirit. I am in awe of how perfect God is. That He can reign in Heaven as the ultimate creator, come to Earth as man to suffer for us and free us from our sins and then leave us the Holy Spirit so that we might know righteousness and His power.

Part of the song goes like this....

I will lift my eyes....
to the hills...
knowing that my...
help is coming from You
Your peace You give me
in times...of the storm................................

Now it's taken straight out of Psalms so of course it has such impact because how could God's words not...but put them into your life today. In those rough spots....during those difficult "stormy" times...He will give you His peace. You can KNOW this and find comfort and solace in it. It doesn't say wondering if my help....it's KNOWING...

It goes on to say...

You are the source of my strength
You are the strength of my life
I lift my hands in total praise....to....you

Granny lived by that cry. I strive to. That each day, each decision, each trial I face...He will be the strength that I rely on...He will be my rock. I can only look up, reach for Him and give Him all that I have.

I praise You Lord for the seasons...for being all-knowing...for keeping me safe...for sending Your son to die for me...for another day...for loving us when we don't deserve it...for health...for our amazing children...for support from our family with our ministry...I praise You Lord!!!

Nite all

ps. Amy, Beth and whoever else will be at the purse party...I am so excited for some girly time and can't wait to hang out with you all!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yes, definately looking forward to some girly time! I am also bringing Debbie along with me :)

See you in a couple hours :)