Thursday, February 15, 2007

Good day

Yesterday was such a good day. Marlon totally suprised me by sending me a bouquet of lilacs, daffodils and hyacinths to work. So sweet and totally unexpected. It's those out of the blue moments of romance that just make you grin from ear to ear. I had little valentine boxes of kisses for some of my co-workers and we celebrated another co-workers birthday. The kids loved their "valentine" gum and chocolates. Marlon also suprised me by bringing home Popeye's chicken for dinner so I didn't have to cook! That was even a more unexpected treat! I love Popeye's.
The evening itself was busy busy. I stopped by Teen MOPS to drop off some donations for the girls, took Jordyn to youth group and then Isaiah had a soccer game. They played very well and it's so exciting to see them starting to gel as a team. So much more passing, hi-fives for good plays, smiles of enjoyment...I am anxious to see what this team can become as they grow, mature and develop even more.
After the game, I got to give Marlon his present. His favorite miniature Reese's Peanut Butter cups of course and then a very romantic evening in upstairs complete with rose petals, candles and one of our favorite CD's. My "I have a headache, much too tired, please leave me alone" side can be a little daunting at times I am sure---so it was a very special evening.
Isn't it funny how life sometimes gets in the way of showing the love and affection you know your spouse needs? The busy, hectic days of motherhood, working full time, illness, lack of sleep, carpooling, one more load of laundry. Now our days of dating...candles, soft music, back rubs, dinner, snuggling during movies...ahhh...there are times I really miss those days and that season of life. However, I love this stage. Kids older and more fun to hang out with and go places, our marriage is so solid and giving--a true partnership, right with God and wonderful friendships. Those earlier days were often hard. We were still getting to know each other and had a lot of hard times, I mentally went through very difficult things becoming a Christian---with needing to forgive myself, little kids and diapers everywhere. I like now better. I love myself and Marlon better. So even though the romance may not come as often...I wouldn't go back if I could. I wouldn't trade the solid, intimate love we have for the whimsical, show your best face love of back then. And that is wonderful.
Definately a good day.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Thank you Mindy for coming last night. I was happy you were able to spend the evening out with the girls. Even though I have only known you for a short time, I feel that I have known you my whole life. I enjoy your company, your wisdom and your strengths. Your friendship is a blessing and I thank God I have found someone like you to help me change and become more grateful and content with what I have and what I was given.For that I thank you. I will come to your party, as long as there isn't a soccer event!

Have a great weekend. Safe travels too!