Sunday, February 11, 2007

Not much of anything...

What a whirlwind few days it has been. I have been going, going, going since Wed. I got pretty much everything done today that I wanted to by 6 so I've just been vegging the whole evening. I should tackle some more of the laundry, but I just can't get up the gumption to do it. I have two big projects to get done by Wednesday at work and then I will get a little break for about a week. We are starting a new camp called Camp Vertical. This will be an all day camp at church for a total of about 7 weeks in the summer. It's really exciting and the boys are totally geeked to spend the summer at camp. Jordyn is going to apply to be camp staff. What a fun first job. She had wanted to work at Country Springs (her grandma runs the banquets so she's always on that being her first job) but with she knows that this job is in line with her college and career goals (teaching) and she loves kids so she has decided to apply for Camp Vertical instead. I told her that if she really wanted....she could probably work a few weekend shifts at the hotel as well or wait and start when camp ends.

My parents came home from their cruise late last night so today we went over there for lunch and to visit. Marlon would like to take me on a cruise next year. He went on one when he was young with his family and of course spent 6 months at sea in the Marine Corp, but I have never been on a cruise. We never had a honeymoon so it would definately be one for us. It would be like a 10 year anniversary gift to ourselves as well. I thought all cruises were really expensive, but after talking with my mom---I find out that there are more affordable options that still give you a nice cruise. And since I am totally not into expensive things or fancy stuff I wouldn't need a "top of the line" cruise to relax and enjoy myself. We'll see. Marlon will be back in Africa next year so how and if a cruise fits in we will have to wait and see.

So I was updating our family calendar and realized that we will be in Biloxi in just 4 months! With Breakaway, Easter and a month of birthdays (May) that time will go so quickly. We have so much prep to do before we go and yet we can't go with too much of a detailed itinerary because we will need to be very flexible. I am so excited to have all 6 of us working together in ministry. The kids are such a vital part of what we do even if it's in a background way...so this will be an opportunity for them to have an active role and truly have direct impact in a positive way. This past Friday when we led worship for the conference I was so proud of them. They weren't intimidated by the numbers (there were about 400 people there) or sidetracked by nerves...we just sang our hearts out. It was a lot of fun...worshipping for me is fun and always takes me to another level spiritually...it fills me, it helps me clear my head, it helps bring me closer to God...but leading worship with my family was really great. I am thankful that we had that opportunity and I am blessed.

Well, it's just about 11 and I think I'm gonna go and get ready for bed. Sleep tight everyone.

No comments: