Wednesday, February 28, 2007

New Van...

Most of you know that our van has been dying a slow and painful death...lol. Last fall we started praying for God's guidance on when to move forward with a new vehicle. In Dec. I had said that our prayer was for the van to last until March. We actually had been praying for that since fall. So last week our van really started to sound as if it might explode. There was no denying that this could not be put off anymore. So Monday Marlon started to browse and today we picked up our new....well, new to us!! vehicle. The minivan just was not cutting it for us anymore. The boy's legs were barely fitting in that and they're only 8,9, and 10. A suburban or Yukon would work size-wise, but there simply isn't justification in my mind for us to have that kind of vehicle. Not as missionaries. Unrealistic and much too costly. So we knew we wanted a conversion van. We found the best van for us. A very nice, one owner 2002 with only 43000 miles. The boys and Jordyn too are so excited because it has a TV/VCR set up in the back. The road trip to Biloxi, MS in June will certainly be more comfortable! The funny thing is how perfectly God times things when we listen to him. On Tuesday as we looked at this van and began talking numbers...I truly felt like this was God's timing and it was all falling into place very similarly to how we obtained our Malibu. Then today, doubts creeped in a little...were we jumping the gun, should we hold out, maybe the van could make it a little longer. Marlon had an appointment to meet with the salesperson this afternoon after teaching in Milw. He was supposed to call me around 2ish to tell me how things were going. By 2:15 I called him because I was wondering what was going on. He proceeded to tell me that the van, OUR minivan mind you, had DIED on him as he was leaving Milw. Um....hello, big sign that the van could NOT make it a little longer. Thankfully Triple A was able to get it started for him so he could at least drive it into the dealer. Thank you Lord for your continued blessings.

Friday is our Teen MOPS leader overnight. I am so happy to be a part of it and so excited for some time away--even if only a night. Actually next weekend is Breakaway and I am REALLY looking forward to that! It's going to be such fun!

Well, have to go and plan out music. Friday morning Marlon and I are leading worship/speaking at the Seniors ministry. Then Sat. morning I am leading worship for the overnight retreat. If I plan out the songs I am doing tonight then tomorrow night I can burn the CDs and make copies of the song sheets.

Have a great night!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yeah!!! A new van!

That is going to be so nice to take on your trip to Biloxi. It will make it so much easier with the kids being able to watch the tv. Does it take vhs or dvd? If it is dvd you are welcome to borrow a bunch of movies for your trip.

See you tomorrow night for our big slumber party!!!