Sunday, September 10, 2006

21 days and counting...

So Marlon leaves in 21 days. For Africa for those who didn't know. His strength is getting better every day...but I'd be happier if he would just lay low like he's supposed to. He acgtually had to get a couple more stitches this past week because he popped some. Please pray that he would stay off his feet 90% of the time at least until Thursday when he goes back to the doctor.

It's so odd how calm I am about his leaving. That's partly how I know God's hand is on this trip because I am normally a worrier. Whatever happens while he's there...stressful days, naughty kids, problems...I will be able to handle them with His strength. As I plan and schedule out the time I promise to take my family and friends offers to help. I don't want to get burnt out. But Marlon and I both said that I will need to go on an overnight once he returns!! Staying busy while he's gone will help me not miss him as much. Having the cameras for the computer and laptop will make the skype phone calls even better. One of the hard parts about his mission trip to the Philippines last year was that we couldn't see each other or talk often. With the skype program and camera, we should be able to talk at least once or twice a week while he's gone.

If you see him around...wish him well and encourage him. I think he still has a little concern about how we will be without him and will everything be okay. I want him to go with full devotion to God's plan for his time there. One day at a time.

No comments: