Saturday, September 30, 2006

The Secret is out!!!

What a night! And we pulled it off! Tonight was Marlon's suprise party send off! I have wanted to post about this and the crazy, chaos of planning and being sneaky so Marlon wouldn't know...but I couldn't because he of course reads this from time to time...lol. Now it's all over and I can finally talk...well, type about it!

We had a gathering of at least 50 people. Family and friends gathered in his honor...to send him off and wish him well. Some friends we haven't seen in months, like Jen and Victor to those we see all the time...like Dave and Sue. I am so thankful to my parents and sister/brother in law for all the help they gave me today, as we put together the last little details and snuck food out of the house...lol. Marlon was thoroughly suprised. To see so many people who he loves so much and is proud to call friends gathered together...it was amazing.

He was able to share a little bit about the trip...what he would be doing there and how his time will be spent. Many could not believe that there is an expected 10,000 people at the crusade!! The number of lives that could be touched is outrageous and the feelings of joy that I have...that God would use my husband for something so amazing...words just can't even express. I enjoyed watching everyone trying the Dance Dance Revolution, filling their tummies with the food, random conversations from people who might never meet. Dave and Troy...Pops and Roger...Jenni and Sue...Uncle Jerome and Gary...Sue and Aunt Darlene...amazing. God is amazing. (ps. Amy and Gabby we missed you!)

Will I miss my husband? Oh my goodness...sometimes fear seeps in and I wonder if I will even be able to sleep at night without him there. But then there is a peace that transcends all understanding and I know that his obedience is much more important than the fact that I will miss him. That following God's leading and call to take this opportunity takes precedence. The blessings to flow...I can't even fathom how many lives will be changed, including our own. I am excited for my husband and for the seeds he is planting for eternity. I think of how our lives have changed, even in the past 2 or 3 years. It's outstanding what God can do when you focus on Him and His plans over your life.

Lord, thank you for the amazing man that you gave me in Marlon. Thank you for his courage and faithfulness. Thank you that he stands up for justice, that he follows Your word, that he desires to be obedient, that he cares for me and my feelings, that he desires to grow in You and closer to You. Please bless everyone who came tonight and those who could not. Take away that which is not from you and overflow with abundance that which IS from you in their lives. As Marlon sets out to do the work that You have placed before him, Father, keep him safe. Keep his body healthy and his mind clear. Do not allow Satan to infiltrate his travel, his study or his sermons. He will be very upset at what Marlon is going to do, but I have complete faith that You have put the steps before him and marked the path he is to take. Encourage him, comfort him, nourish him. May mighty things happen in Your kingdom this next month. Amen

No comments: