Friday, September 15, 2006

Just Thoughts...

Should be in bed...but I just can't sleep. So many thoughts racing through my head. There is a lot to do before Marlon leaves. He still needs to raise some support. He is definately going to need a suit for the crusade. He had thought that he'd have the opportunity to have one before now, but that plan fell through and he is down to the wire now. He has to finish studying for his sermons and the Crusade while he is in Africa. We have to get the air conditioners out of the windows, figure out exactly what he's taking...all of this while still continuing our hectic life.

Even with all that...there's so much thanksgiving! Blessed that he has been cleared to start back at the prisons next week...he needs to connect with those guys for a couple of weeks before he leaves...blessed that we have so many friends and family that have stepped forward to help with the finances of the trip...but more importantly pray for us while he is gone and for his safety in Africa. Blessed that I have the kind of job where I can adjust my hours to take care of the kids while he's gone. No matter what kind of stress or problems may come while he is gone...I know that God has got us and if I keep my faith in Him and stay obedient to His word...He will bless us tremendously.

School pictures tomorrow. The boys are excited that they don't have to wear uniforms this year for school pictures. Jordyn is going to her dad's this weekend. She is excited to spend time with her new baby sister. Elijah has his first football game on Sat. Marlon and Isaiah are spending the day Sunday with soccer...watching some of the U-13 tournament in IL and then enjoying a pro soccer game in IL as well. What a great gift that was!

Well...I guess I'll let the dog out and head on up to bed. Have a good night!!

No comments: