Sunday, October 22, 2006

8 Days...8 Days....8 Days....

Wow...overall I must admit this month has flown by. And so, I am very thankful that it went as I hoped it would. Only 8 days and my honey will be home. I am excited and wonder if now this week will actually be the slowest because it's so close...lol!

I took a nap today after our long crazy weekend and I must admit...I am tired people!! I don't think I really realized how tired I was and I really never like to admit that I'm tired because I know there are people who have it much harder then I do. But I think I might see Marlon in the airport and just collapse in his arms! :) This weekend was probably the hardest. Friday I made beef stew for Izzy's birthday (what 8 year old picks that as his birthday dinner..lol) and packed everybody for their different destinations. We went to my parents at about 7 for his cake and presents. Here's where things get tricky. Isaiah's tournament was in Mequon at 7:15 AND 10:30....yuck! Who picks these times anyway! So he and I left at about 9 so we could get right in bed. Elijah had a football game Sat. morning so my sister and brother in law took him home with them so Rod could take him to his game and then he was staying with them to go to my cousin's wedding. Jordyn and Izzy stayed with my parents to hang out in the morning before it was time for the wedding. Isaiah and I came home from the games, quick got ready, bought a gift, let the dog out, switched the laundry and headed out to Greendale to slide into the church right as everyone was standing for the bride to come down the aisle...lol. Perfect timing. We then hung out for a little bit and ran to Target and a little diner for the kids to get something in their stomach since dinner wasn't until 7. Then we headed over to the reception. Very beautiful. Michelle looked lovely and the bridesmaids dresses were really cool. They had a really nice slideshow--which my other cousins did too...I think this must be the new "thing". Isaiah and I had to drop out early because again a 7:15 soccer game in Mequon--argh!! Sat. night however, my daughter stayed with my parents so they could take her to church with them (she teaches Sunday school) and both Elijah and Izzy went with my sister and brother in law so that I didn't have to deal with them so early in the morning. Got home, let out the dog, picked up the puke that was everywhere because she decided to ransack the garbage (gotta love those kids not closing the lid all the way, put away the piles of laundry on my bed so that I could go to bed!....Are you tired yet?

**Little interject**big area of missing Marlon--driving!! I never realized 1) how much I hate driving 2) how I don't appreciate enough that he does all of the driving and 3)I am not a good driver at night, especially in the rain, in fact, I am downright scary. FYI if we ever road trip....you drive!

So anyway--we played a great game of soccer and win at 7:15, but because Mequon is undefeated--we don't go to the championship. The soccer mom in me feels for Isaiah because I know he was hopeful to go...but the realist in me is like, woohooo---let's get back to Connie's and rest! So we hang out at my sister's for awhile and then head over to Pop's house (Marlon's grandfather) to have lunch. I had told him we would be coming between 12 and 1, since I wasn't sure if we were going to play in the championship, but I keep calling and he isn't there. We wait until 1 and drive over anyway but he's not home. I did forget to remind him what time I was coming...I am sure he got caught up at church or something. So then we come home, I switch the laundry, let out the dog, put away all of the million piles of clothes from the weekend, take a nap, watch Over the Hedge, rake the front lawn, go to my parent's to take a walk and end up watching Extreme Home Makeover instead...come back home, give my Grandma her shot, pray with the kids, put the boys to bed, look at my daughter's project, help her study for an AP test and then put her to bed. Well, at 15 she really puts herself to bed...but you get my drift...lol.

Um...okay...I guess I have a reason to be tired! So it's 9:55 and I am going to watch Amazing Race...thank goodness for digital cable and fast forwarding through commercials...and then GO TO BED!

8 days. I can hardly wait. I feel like a schoolgirl who's excited to see her crush after summer break!

No comments: