Monday, October 9, 2006

Pepsi Cup


Very exciting. Isaiah's team took 1st place in the Pepsi Cup Tournament this past weekend. They did really great and played some awesome teams. It's always fun to watch the games where the teams are evenly matched and it's back and forth the whole game. I think it means more to the boys too when they've really had to play their hardest to win.
What makes this so cool for Isaiah though is that Marlon's cousin, Phillip, who my boys just adore and look up to won the Pepsi Cup with his team when he was in club soccer (he is the handsome young man whose college graduation I blogged about) Isaiah is so excited-well as excited as cool breeze can be. :) Those of you who know Isaiah know why I gave him that nickname!!

On another note, my mom took Jordyn shopping for her homecoming dress in the midst of the tournament (which was such a blessing because it saved a TON of time)and they found the cutest dress for her. She is going with a group of girls to homecoming like she did last year. It's so odd to think I've had this site a year, because I remember posting lovely pics of her then! A friend asked me if Jordyn minds that she can't date yet or go to a dance with a boy. I really don't think so. Jordyn seems to think nobody would ask her anyway. But I think what it does is take the pressure off of her relationships with boys. Because she knows that she can't date/have a boyfriend...there is no reason to be totally boy crazy. She has a lot of guy friends that she talks to in class, hangs out with at youth group...but none that she's allowed to go places with alone or go on a date with. As a result, she loves them from afar...lol. Which at 15 I am more than happy with. There will be plenty of time to have her heart torn out and stomped on by some insensitive and immature boy. It's part of why Marlon and I always joke about how God gave me three sons...he always would say it was for all of my years of male bashing while I was single. I always say, it's because I can at least make sure there are 3 decent men in this world :) Just joking, I know that a man is intricate to the development of their sons...please don't send hate mail!!
Anywho...off to wake the boys. Jordyn just left with her ride about 15 minutes ago and I thought I'd relish in my 15 minutes of peace for the day!

No comments: