Thursday, October 5, 2006

Sabbath

So our church is celebrating Jubilee and my parents are helping me to have my Sabbath on Wednesday evenings for the month Marlon is gone. They are picking the kids up around 5 and bringing them back around 9. That means four glorious hours to myself and God. First I took a nap. I can't remember when I last took a nap. It was so refreshing. I watched a little TV, looked in this illustration/scripture book we have, sang some worship songs while I worked on the kid's scrapbooks a little. It was such a long 4 hours...God really did a miracle with the time. It actually seemed like time stood still for a bit.

Sabbath was set aside as a holy time to revere in God's creation, rest from our normal chaotic lives and reflect. I am thankful that I have this time carved out and know that even after Marlon returns I have to make a concentrated effort to still honor the example God gave us in resting on the Sabbath.

No comments: