Saturday, October 7, 2006

that one thing...

There is this one song..."When I was Lost" Elmbrookers would know it because we sing it during worship a lot. Anyway...when I sing that song...it has such spiritual renewal for me. Because I love singing and enjoy worshipping, songs can often be very emotional for me. But the message of this particular song really touches my soul and speaks to me. It is a song about freedom, that freedom that comes from Christ. I am part of the worship team this weekend and that is one of the songs we are doing during service. When we were singing it tonight I truly came to that place of worship. It is always am amazing feeling...I often feel it leading worship in prison and with the kids...but I haven't felt it as often during service. I think that might partly be because I sing harmony during service and worry more about notes...also because being on the platform can seem a little more like you're on display. For whatever reason...it doesn't happen as often. But tonight...my goodness...waterworks....lol. If you've never felt the Holy Spirit move through you I pray that someday you let down your guard enough to. There is a feeling that is pretty much impossible to describe.

When I was lost You came and rescued me, reached down into the pit and lifted me, Oh Lord, such grace, I was as far from You as I can be. You know all the things I've ever done, but Jesus' blood has cancelled everyone, Oh Lord, such peace, to qualify me as Your own. There is a new song in my heart, there is a deep cry in my heart, a hymn of praise to Almighty God, Hallelujah! And now I stand firm, on this rock, my life is hidden now, with Christ in God, the old has gone and the new has come, Hallelujah! Your love has lifted me! In the full assurance of Your love, now with every confidence we come, O Lord, such joy, to know that you delight in me!
Just a little bit of it. Amazing. It's amazing how God can use music to touch people.

My honey is doing well. He was able to call today and talk with the boys about their games. Elijah did awesome! That boy can run...he scored two touchdowns and really played hard. He is so excited that next year he gets to play tackle...lol. Great, and I thougth soccer was hard! Couldn't any of my three boys wanted to do something like chess? spelling bees? cross-stitching? I didn't even get a girly girly with my girl! She hates pink and won't wear lace! Aaargh! :) Wouldn't trade them for the world tho'.

Much love, nite!

No comments: