Friday, October 27, 2006

Blessings...

What a day. So many blessings I was brought to tears. First, when I got to work I went into our kitchen to purchase an English Toffee cappicuino (however you spell that) Only 12oz. cups left so they let me have the larger size for the same $.75 as the 8 oz. Then I had ordered Marlon's prayer cards from the print shop and asked for them to be ready by Sat. This was a last minute request. There they were on my desk. When I called the printshop to ask the cost--I was told no charge! Amazing. For our display table at Harvest Fest, I had requested a TV/VCR but was told I needed to try and find one to borrow if possible because there weren't enough. Friends had said I could use their laptop (Marlon has his in Africa), but I felt a little bad about borrowing it because I always hate being responsible for other's things just in case something goes wrong. Today the IT coordinator emailed me to say they had enough equipment and he would set up the TV/VCR for me. Marlon's tablecloth was packed poorly last time and was going to need a intense ironing...then I found out today very nice linen black coverings were being provided. The most amazing thing happened when I went to Signature to get my haircut. I sat in the chair and the lady (someone new) was telling me how relaxing my conditioning treatment was going to be...I said, oh no...I didn't ask for that (it's an additional charge) and she said...oh--I thought you knew, your style is covered today. I was like, what? I thought I was the 100th customer or something! Then she said, I guess it's supposed to be suprise--someone called and said they were covering your cut, the conditioning treatment and gratuity! I almost fell out of the chair. Immediately I was brought to tears. After the day of blessing it really was almost more than I could take emotionally. So I shared about my husband, the long month we've had and a little of what we do. She started asking about our church and missions trips, etc. It was a great conversation. After picking up the boys from my brother-in-law (which was another great blessing today)we came home and a family friend called to stop by and bring us some treats. Ting--which is a fun soda Marlon and the boys LOVE, pizzas, two big bags of candy and a box of toiletries for Teen MOPS. Blessings. Abundance of love. There are no words to express how grateful I am for the thoughtful and caring people God has put in our lives. No words to express how humbled I continue to be that we are so loved. I pray for blessings upon my friends and family double what they have ever shown us.

No comments: