Friday, October 27, 2006

request for prayer

Hi everyone

Sitting here at work, but needed to put this out there. Please pray for me. I have this person in my life who seems to think that every comment I make, every thought I have is somehow related to them and their situation. That it is somehow a reflection of a conversation we had, a response to something they've said...and it's very difficult to communicate with that person. I find that I am so hesitant when I talk to this person. While it's always good to think before we speak, it's so hard to be worried about this person over analyzing my words, looking for hidden meaning...it makes open and honest communication very difficult. This person and I have had conversations about it...but it seems like it's not getting better or changing and that is frustrating. I certainly don't want to start every sentence by saying, "This is in no way related to you..." Pray that hidden things can be brought to light. That I don't allow my hesitancy to make open dialogue difficult. That I have patience and understanding with this person. That I truly reflect over my words and they do not harbor any uncomfortableness when communicating with this person. Pray that my heart has patience and that I continue to try and see the big picture. Pray that I temper my words and comments that make this person defensive, yet still honestly relay my thoughts when asked a question.
Thanks. I know many of you who read this have no idea what or who I am talking about and that's okay. It's really just a help knowing there's some prayer out there for this situation and me. :)

No comments: