Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008!!

Wow---2008! Crazy. 2007 seriously just flew by. Of course, it was such a full year I understand why I feel that way...it still just blows my mind though that it has.

What a fun break we had this year. I'm glad that we still have one last day before we return to the rigamaroll of life---I need it. The weekend was pretty uneventful-which was nice, we lounged a lot. On Saturday Elijah and Israel went to spend the night at their Aunt DeeDee's house. She wanted to have Isaiah as well, but he was leaving early Sunday morning for Sno Rodeo. They had such fun and really enjoyed themselves. We had to have Isaiah to church at 8am--yuck...lol. All of the parents were laughing about how asleep we all still were and how amped up our kids all were. While a lot of kids that Isaiah knows are going, it's cool because three of his really good friends are going. Sno Rodeo is the winter retreat that the middle and high school goes on. They do all kinds of fun winter games/sports and then of course have time to be challenged in their Christian walk. We actually leave in a few minutes to pick him up. Jordyn has never been because Christmas break is often a time she hangs out at her dad's a lot and so I'm excited to hear from Isaiah how it was. I'll have to post more about that later.
After dropping him off on Sunday we visited New Beginnings church. Our friend is the pastor and it's held right down the street at the Schuetze building. Pastor Jerome pulled me up to lead worship with him--which he's always told me he would do when I was to go...lol--and it was a lot of fun. The church is very new and small (about 40 people) and he is just so full of the spirit. It is a great church for seekers. I'm sure we'll go again.
New Years Eve was spent running some errands in the am and then Marlon, my dad and the boys headed to the Globetrotters game (like last year---we won a spot as a Jr. Globetrotter-so this year Izzy got to do it) They had great seats and a lot of fun meeting the players beforehand. Since the boys were busy, Jordyn, my mom and I went to the movies. P.S. I Love You. Really sweet movie and a total girlie girl movie. Afterwards we grabbed something to eat and went to their house to watch Hairspray. I love musicals!! We got home about 10 and just Wii'd it out until midnight. Great day.
Today--Marlon, my brother in law Rod, my cousin Jeremy and I all did the POLAR BEAR PLUNGE in Lake Michigan at Bradford beach!! Totally crazy...lol. There were soooo many people down there. We had to park about 1/2 mile away so that walk there actually helped warm us up a bit, but it sure sucked on the way back...lol. The craziest part was probably all of the strange outfits and then people getting naked afterwards to change!! Came home, had lunch and zonked out for a good few hours. Being frozen takes a lot out of you I guess...lol!
Anyway...I'm sure I'll be back on tonight with Sno Rodeo updates!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!