Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Not so typical Tuesday....

So today I made the executive decision to stay home from bible study and just rest. After last night and the crazy drive home in the snow, Teen MOPS tomorrow, worship rehearsal on Thursday and then worshipping all weekend...I just couldn't bring myself to be gone all night tonight too. We all had dinner together, watched American Idol...it was a nice night.

Last night went really well. I would encourage any of you to stop in at Alliance Bible Church in Oconomowoc for one of their LAFF events. They are free and a great time. The food was just wonderful! An Italian buffet of lasagna, alfredo, eggplant, garlic bread, and a salad...some worship time and then a speaker. I think my talk went well. It's hard for me to judge because it's so much of my testimony and I can't take ANY credit whatsoever for that because it's only the story that it is because of Christ. I can't separate and judge my life from who He is because it's due to His love for me...His desire to draw me near to Him...His grace and mercy that I am. Kind of the only way for me to determine if it went well is by the comments from people there and the fact that I can't fully remember every thing said because I allowed the Holy Spirit to speak through me. When that happens...then I know that He must have been up to something good...lol.

I wanted to share this....

Romans 12:1,2
I appeal to you therefore, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God - what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Why do we cling to our "christianity" and then turn our nose to Christ? As I strive to challenge myself---to truly walk in obedience...I see how silly humans are. Especially Christians. We can't let this world...people around us...define how we behave and what we believe. We fall slave to materialism, gossip, inappropriate behavior, evil thoughts, anger...we need to turn our eyes to Him and let go of the things of this world. I am not sure why, but as I am writing this I have certain people in mind and just feel I need to say these things. We are destined to "shoot ourselves in the foot" and Satan just loves it. Do you know those people who start on the path to God...they are learning and changing and excited for what they see Him doing? They are hopeful of a new life and find comfort in finding out more about Him? They start to change...their thinking changes...their outlook on life changes...and then---almost as suddenly as it started, it stops. They let laziness, outside influences, fear, friends interfere. Is the need to fit in...to party...to do what they want so important that they are willing to be disobedient to God? That they are willing to throw away the comfort and love of Christ--the peace that He brings. Why do we do it? We forget that on our own we are doomed to fail. We will have a false sense of security because things seem great and then BOOM...we're gonna fall. It's inevitable.

Tonight I pray for myself. I pray that I don't sit on my laurels in my faith. That I actively take steps every day to draw closer to You, Lord and live in obedience with Your call on my life. I pray for my friends, family...for those that know You to be strengthened and find peace in Your arms and for those that waver or have turned their back on You...I pray that they realize the call on their life. That they realize that not everyone is a preacher or missionary...but everyone does have a call on their life. Everyone has a purpose for being here. God I know that you do not make any mistakes and You are waiting for us to turn You...depend on You. I pray we open Your word to find the truth, go to church to find fellowship with other believers, and pray so that our relationship can continue to grow. Lord, have mercy on us for our disobedience and thank you for loving so much that You would allow your Son to suffer and die so that we could have eternal life with You.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thanks for sharing this...all I can say is AMEN!

Looking forward to Saturday...thanks for bringing the tickets tonight.

I will be continuing to pray for grandma, especially on Friday. Keep me posted on how the surgery goes if I don't talk to you before then.

Love you :)