Sunday, January 13, 2008

Lounging at home...

I just woke up from a 2 hr. nap. Ahhh--lovely. After church we just came home and Marlon had gotten hot ham and rolls and we ate a simple lunch and then he got some laundry done for me while I took a nap. Marlon was home because he ended up in a ditch this morning on the way to prison! A snow plow basically ran him off the road and then didn't even stop. No injury and no problems with the car, but he missed gate time and had to just turn around and come home. It's always crazy how God allows things to happen in our lives and then we try to figure out what it means and what our response should be. This was especially poignant because there are great opportunities opening up for Marlon to potentially switch his ministry focus. Not that prison ministry won't be a part of it---but BASICS has extended a meeting to us to possibly join their ministry. This would allow Marlon to do city ministry, mentoring, so many of the things he really enjoys and he could still lead his bible studies with the guys he's grown so close to. It's a chance to help them on the outside.

Yesterday after the retreat I had a prayer meeting with the women from Alliance Bible Church in Oconomowoc where I will be speaking on the 21st. This meeting made me even more excited for that evening. I really feel that this is a God annointed appointment and that he has amazing plans for that evening. I am humbled to be a part of it and can't wait to see what he has in store that night. Once I got home, I got to see that the men of the house (Jordyn was at her dad's this weekend)had done some great things for me. They cleaned the house beautifully, did almost all of the laundry, got a new massaging shower head for me, took off the shower door and got a cute shower curtain-with matching new rugs (I've been wanting that door gone since we moved in!) It was great. I love that while I was gone they so enjoyed "guy" time, but they still thought of me and what would make me smile when I walked in the door. Marlon said it was funny because the woman at the store was like, "Are you sure your wife won't care that you picked this stuff out?" Marlon knew from other things that I could care less about that stuff. As long as it matches color wise, I have no real opinion about that kind of stuff. Two years ago when I went on a retreat is when they got the new stove. So he told her no and she was suprised...lol. I guess most women probably would be.

I'll blog later about the overnight. Such a great time---I really enjoyed myself. I have some pictures to share as well....that's all I got for now tho'.

No comments: