Saturday, January 5, 2008

New Car, New Job...growing up

Our friends got a new car and as a result passed the other onto their daughters. Which meant they decided to sell the daughter's car. So...Jordyn has a car! They sold it to us for a song and we just really couldn't pass it up. So with help from my parents we bought it for her. It's a 2001 Kia Rio and in really good shape. This of course is a big, big help to us as well. The best part is it gives her immense freedom---to visit her dad's more easily, to get to school and youth group, if she wants to hang out with friends it doesn't have to be around any sport carpool, and also to get to her job. Yes, job. Jordyn got a job. She is working at Landmark Credit Union part time. For the most part she'll only work 10-12 hours each week, but it's a great start and she'll still be able to keep it when her summer camp job starts. It's exciting to see her so happy and growing up.

Izzy got to stay at his friend Jalen's house last night and had a blast. They stayed up until 2am! He's lookin' a lil like a Zombie right about now...lol. Marlon had his first funeral this afternoon. Just a very small affair for a friend's brother. He said that it went pretty well. Isaiah and Elijah had tryouts for the AAU basketball league in Milwaukee. Isaiah was scouted before Christmas by the director. He was out in Waukesha at a tournament watching games and approached me about Isaiah and asked me to brig him to the tryouts and give his info to my husband. After he and Marlon talked he let him know that there was a 5th grade team as well and invited Elijah. Basically he was like---if your other son has the skills that Isaiah has then I'd like him to try out. They both did pretty good. We should get a call sometime tomorrow or the next day if they made it. I know they'll be disappointed if they don't...but they also both said that they'd just try out next year. Had to give them kudos for the positive attitude.

As for me...I'm still sporting this cold. I just can't seem to shake it. Sometimes it clears up a little bit, but for the most part I am so congested and keep getting these yucky headaches. :( It sucks too because January is SUCH a busy month for me. Just about all of it is really fun stuff, but it's still stuff ya know? Next week Friday and Sat. the Women 2Day staff at Elmbrook is having our overnight retreat. Because of my work with Teen MOPS, I get to go. The following Thurs./Fri./Sat. is the Ministry Wives Conference that I go to every year. It's such a rejuvenating time for me and I love getting away and seeing women I usually only see once a year and just veggin' out, relaxing, and decompressing. Then that Sat. night Marlon and I are speaking at date night. That following Monday-on the 21st I am speaking at the Alliance Bible Church in Oconomowoc for their Women's Night. On the 26th we are going to Aroma Cafe and then on the 29th and 30th Marlon and I are speaking at MOPS. One good thing is I purposely didn't schedule any prisons this month because I knew I'd be on overload. I'm so glad that I followed my gut instinct and did that. It'll help me out a lot and thus help my family cuz I won't be so crabby...lol!

Jordyn and I are still trying to decide if we're going to see a movie tonight or not. There's a good girlie movie Juno out that looks pretty good. Just trying to decide how much energy I have...lol.

Peace out.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm back in business with my computer....man I missed it...over a month gone :(

I am so excited for Jordyn....she must be just beaming with her new car. I know when Nick started driving I was overly worried at first but man what a difference not having to run him here and there.

She is growing up into a beautiful young woman. Savor this time...just goes way too fast.

Boy it feels good to be back on blogger :)

Michelle said...

Hey you - Our friends son did AAU Basketball and it was a really good experience for them. The highlight was playing Michael Jordan's son (even though they never saw Michael Jordan).
:) Have a good week-
Michelle