Saturday, January 26, 2008

Ahhh...

What a day! It was busy, but so filled with the glory of God that even though there is silly soccer drama (how could there not be...lol) I can't even think about engaging in it!!

First, the blessing that came in my Grandma's surgery and the surgeon's ability to get all of the cancer. She is recuperating well. When I stopped there this afternoon the nurse got her up for short walk and helped her get into her chair to sit for awhile. I think the nurses are always a little surprised to come in her room and see anywhere from 5 to 15 people there at any given time. :)

Aroma Cafe this morning was so wonderful. We took the teen MOP leaders and had a blast. It was fun to get together outside of a Wednesday. The speaker was AMAZING. Her story of transformation is probably one of the most miraculous I have ever heard. After a light brunch and break (still think you and Deb should have jumped in for a ballroom dance lesson Amy!!) she then went into an awesome talk based on her book "The Parable of the Shoe". Her name is Judy Reamer. Seriously, if you ever get the chance to hear her story--go!

My niece Nia's basketball game was at church at 1, so it was perfect timing to just walk down the hall and watch it. It's great to see her so much more involved in the game and what's happening on the court. Last year it seemed she NEVER wanted the ball--now she's shooting, trying to take the ball away from the other team--it's fun.

After the game, Marlon and the boys had a basketball game, Izzy is sick so he stayed home with my mom. (Thanks again Mom for helping out) I had worship rehearsal and then church at 5, so I ran to the hospital to visit a bit and then headed up to church. We are singing such profound songs this weekend and it's been a long time since I've been a part of the worship team (November I believe) Reminding myself who is in control of everything. God knows the beginning and end of every story. He knows our hearts. He knows every deep, dark thought. He knows our every fear. That is what the sermon is on this weekend. Our fears and how we can deal with them.

One of the songs we're singing, which is actually probably going to get cut because of time, is one of my favorite songs because of the lyrics...

Lord, I run to you
No one else will do
Lord you said we'd face
Trouble, pain and tears
But to be of good cheer,
be of good cheer,
for you have overcome, overcome the world.
I lift my eyes up...to the heavens
Where does my help come from
It comes from you, Lord
You are the maker, of Earth and Heaven
And there is nothing that's too hard for you.

Beth did a fun Thursdays Thirteen and got me checking on blogs for good memes. I love memes. It's kind of like the quizzes from Facebook. I think it's just good distraction sometimes for me. Here's one for Saturday

Saturday Six

You go to a restaurant and order alcohol: based on past experience, how likely are you to be carded? (Are you of legal drinking age?) I am of legal drinking age and I haven't been carded in awhile.

2. You’re selecting a new physician and you learn that the doctor you are visiting is in his twenties: would you feel any less confident about his ability? I guess it might depend on what kind of dr. he was. Sometimes older an older dr. can make me feel weasy as well because he/she might not be on the cutting edge of medicine.

3. One must be 35 years old or older to run for president. Based on arguments about experience, should the age be increased to 45? Why or why not? Doesn't matter to me either way.

4. Take the quiz: What age do you act? Honestly, I can act from anywhere as young as school age kid to an old lady. lol

5. When you were in high school, what age, in your opinion, qualified someone as being “old?” Wow. I think like 60

6. Do you find yourself better relating to people older than you or younger than you? (Sorry, your same age group isn’t an option in this one!) Older than me.

Alright. Done for the night. Or at least for now.

No comments: