Thursday, January 10, 2008

A little time away...

So tomorrow is the Women 2Day staff retreat...so I get to head to Oconomowoc at 9am and stay until noon on Sat. I'm really looking forward to it. I know that we are going to brainstorm a little, go bowling, go to a fish fry, watch a movie and play some games. It should be a good time.

Last night I missed MOPS due to the boys AU game in Milwaukee. They made the team for summer, but have been invited to join the team for as many games as they can make this spring. Marlon let the coach know that they are already on one basketball team and Isaiah's soccer will start up again soon, but he still wants them to come when then can. It was so much fun. Fast pace, movin', so different. The two of them scored 13 of their 15 points. They loved it. I think the move to a city league was a good idea for them.

Update on my Grandma:

Surgery is scheduled Jan. 25th. Her dr. is sending her to see Dr. Sanchez (a Guatemalan oncologist) on the 16th. He speak spanish and her dr. thinks that he will be able to explain things for her, answer any questions, etc. She is still a little nervous, but says that she is okay having the surgery. As for her back...a bulged disc in her lower back caused a vertabrae to shatter and so she is going to need surgery on that as well. The dr. wants to worry about that after the cancer has been removed. He is hopeful that they can get it all and she will not need any chemo and radiation. She stil believes they might open her up and not find anything at all. I know there are a LOT of people praying for her. I just love her so much and don't want her to be in any pain...

Well, people, I need to get my bag packed and still read about 100 pages of this book for tomorrow so I'm off like a dirty shirt!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Enjoy your getaway!

We need to touch base when you get back so give me a call and we can go over the meeting stuff :)

Oh and Erica needs to talk to you too. I gave her your home and cell number.

Love you dear :)