Sunday, May 18, 2008

Crosstrainers Academy





Just some pics from Friday and my excursion to Crosstrainers. I love this place. I could just eat those kids all up! My friend Jan Whittow is the principal and a "new" friend, Will Branch is a teacher, worship leader, gym teacher, bus driver...lol. We've chosen the school as the mission for Kids Kamp this summer. We are going to use the offering money to revamp their gym and supply them with gym equipment. I have also decided to make Crosstrainers our new mission for K-1. Each department has a mission/social service agency that we support with our weekly offering. I am hoping to help the kids take this to a different level and praying that God will grow this into relationships versus just a "mission" to support. When a mission or missionary is overseas, it's understandable that the only contact can be through financial support and possibly an occasional letter or newsletter. But these are kids just like the kids at Elmbrook...separated only by a highway. I think God can do amazing things to transform lives, perceptions and world views. Not think...I know He can. And I'm prayerful that he'll use a new relationship between this school and the K1 kids at Elmbrook and these kids will be a new generation of people striving to bring racial reconciliation to our communities.

Have a good nite...

No comments: