Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

Could it be? A Thursday Thirteen? I can't even remember the last time I've done one of these. There's big major things to blog about, but I just got home 30 minutes ago from Spamalot (Jordyn and I went) so my brain is not quite in a place to blog about anything too major. :)

So instead I offer you this Thursday Thirteen and should hopefully be back tomorrow with some words...especially since it's my day off.

Thirteen Favorite Memories of My 20's
1. Well, so I won't take up 4 spots with them...the birth's of all four of my kids. Each was special in a different way because my life was so different each time.

2. Marrying Marlon. It was one of the most mature, responsible decisions I had made in my life up to that point.

3. Becoming a Christian. October 2007. My life will never be the same again.

4. Graduating college. Even as a single mom of one and then two kids==it was a goal that I was NOT giving up.

5. There were several relationships in my 20s that I learned so much from. I'm not talking about my "hoochie" phase, but real relationships...lol. Some were positive and I will hold dear to my heart always and some were HORRIBLE but they are still good memories because I learned a lot about what I didn't want and what was not healthy.

6. Working at Bethesda Lutheran Homes. I had such a fun group of residents. Okay-I did have my nose broken a couple of times and the crap scratched out of me weekly...lol...but I LOVED working there!

7. Dancing with my girls. Oh, I loved to go clubbin'!! The best was when Alisa and I were in our heyday. I bet I easily lost a goood 5 lbs. every weekend just from all of the sweatin' and shakin' :) Nitro's, Rooters, Lucci's, Legends, Fudds, Victor's, Roxbury, Van Dome's (my definate favorite), Amen's, Sneakers

8. When Kyle and I rode tripped it up to Minnesota to see Missy. This was my first real grown up road trip. We had a blast and it was soooo much fun to dance all night at Prince's club, Glam Slam.

9. When I went to Boston for Jenni's graduation. It was a great weekend and the first time after Jordyn was born that I was able to go and do something fun and silly and party for a weekend.

10. My parents marriage working out and staying strong.

11. Moving into my apartment in Whitewater. It was a feeling of accomplishment and transition. I wasn't with my parents anymore and I enjoyed the grown up feeling of freedom.

12. Moving into management at MAXIMUS. It was such a privelege and honor for me.

13. Overcoming my bulimia. In my mid 20s I was finally released from this horrible stronghold.

Whew! Memory lane is fun, but it's also a great reminder of where I've come from and where I don't want to go back to.

No comments: