Sunday, May 4, 2008

Ok....finally gonna catch up....

Alright.

It's Sunday afternoon, I am finally sitting down to get updated on this blog. (Lost another pound and a half....up to 14 lbs. now...yay!!)

So here's what's been up in our house.

1st---continued stressful issue at work with this same person. I am left feeling like the only way to cope is to stay prayered up and protect myself by dealing with this person as little as possible. I have requested that we have a sit down conversation with our Pastor because I think there are a few areas where we need to clear the air and it's probably safe to have a third party present. Our pastors are on a retreat Monday and Tuesday so it's going to have to wait until Wednesday, but honestly, I don't know how much good it's going to do, so I really don't know if it matters all that much. I'm fine with agreeing to disagree (since we do on most fronts) but the disrespectful tone and attitude has to stop or I think I might go mad.

2nd---Marlon was in an accident on Wednesday. No injuries, but our van is undriveable. The problem is that as of midnight the evening before---our insurance lapsed. :( This is a total reflection of poor communication/administration between Marlon and I. We both played a part in not catching that this was occurring and Tuesday was the last day to get it straightened out. What this means of course is that we are going to be responsible for covering all of the expenses. At this point it seems the other driver is going to go through his insurance and we'll just have to pay the deductible. While I admit this situation seems dismal....we see God's hand all over it and praise His name for His blessings!!

  • Marlon ALWAYS takes the car to work on Wednesdays. That morning he planned to take the car. As he was walking out he asked if I needed the van because if not, he was just going to take the van. (he uses the van later in the day for basketball)
  • I actually needed the van on this particular Wednesday for Teen MOPS, but FORGOT! So when he asked, my mind totally blanked and I told him no.
  • He was not wearing his seatbelt and was on the highway driving 65-70 mph. He rear ended a pick up truck. Because he was in the van, which was higher than the truck, the impact was low on the van and he wasn't hurt. Had he been in the car....I don't even like to think about it. God is good. All of the time.

It's amazing to me how God works. I will never understand. I know that His ways are not my ways. Thanks heavens for THAT!

3rd---Teen MOPS is at a crossroads of what to do with our "graduate" program. Wednesday night we had a meeting with some of the young women that attend the bible study and I have to say, when asked what they'd like to see in a bible study....what they really described was real Women's bible study. They'd like it to be held in a home, they'd like to really dig into the bible and study how it applies to their life, they'd like to be challenged to grow spiritually, they'd like snacks, they'd like opportunities throughout the year to do things with or famlies or as friends, they don't want to take the summers off. Now the praying and prepping comes. The woman who leads the bible study, our 2 coordinators and I need to sit down and really talk about what this all means. Can we exert the time and energy to give them this (when it already exists at different churches?) when there is so much that needs to be done for the teen girls themselves? This will not be an easy answer.

4th---Marlon had opportunity to speak at a church this morning, New Beginnings. I was also able to be a part of the worship team. It was a great morning. He did a nice job and his sermon seemed to be well-recieved. Sometimes it's a fresh change of pace to visit at a church that is small and just starting. No expectations, no rushing...

5th---While I am feeling very content in my spiritual life right now....I am reading the bible, praying and being obedient in a rejuvenated way....I am still feeling like something is missing and it's driving me crazy. Sometimes I am so restless and fidgety. Sometimes I feel like I just want to come out of my skin. I know that with my past issues these are indicators that I need to slow down. Have patience with myself. Let myself work through the anxiety-even if I just wander about for a bit. Exercise more. Get in my bible whenever I feel like I am not sure what to do. Surround myself with safe friends who have my best interest in mind.

6th---that being said...a few of us have decided to have a girl's night out. A few of my friends from church and Amy, are going to do dinner and go dancing!! We are like a bunch of giggly, little girls trying to figure out where we're going to eat, what we're going to wear and where we can go that isn't raunchy nor a cesspool for underage kiddies (we'd rather not feel like the chaperones at the club...lol) It's so funny to me because for a lot of years of our marriage, Marlon always wanted me to have friends. I never seemed to really meet women that I had a lot in common with, who loved to be goofy and have fun like I did, but who also loved the Lord. In the past couple of years I have met those women and it's so fun to have girlfriends to share stuff with. My sister and mom are amazing---so I'm not trying to diss them here...lol---but to have a girlfriend to talk to, to share stories with, to pray for each other, and now to have "girls night out" with...Marlon was right. It's a necessary part of my Christian walk.

Alright, time to get off for the day. I have to run to the grocery story, call Amy and watch George Lopez, "Why You Crying" Hope you enjoyed the warm sunshine today!!

Love.

No comments: