Sunday, May 11, 2008

Oh yes...and the fun ensued...

Me ready for a nite on the town.



My friend Sarah and I. I love this girl.


Of course sweet Amy and I had to get a picture together.


Me, Connie and Mahleah. Yay for cousins!! (we finally got a picture where Connie's eyes were open..lol)


DeeDee and I. My forever freaky dance partner....lol.

Friday was such a fun nite. Actually this has been a really good weekend all around. Marlon and the boys ended up having to leave for the tournament on Friday. It was a crazy relay of occurrences that led to that decision, but he was able to get a hold of all of the parents, the hotel and put it all into action. One thing is for sure---when that man sets his mind to get something done---not a THING is going to stand in his way. Jordyn had to work and then since nobody else was going to be home, I offered for her to stay at my parent's house. I didn't want her to be alone until 1am ish when I got home.

So Sarah, Amy and I met at a park and ride and then I drove us to Chile's. We met up with Connie, Katie, Angie, and Camellie. It was a riot. We laughed so hard and talked about EVERYTHING under the sun. And we learned about all the different kinds of swings.

After dinner it was only 9, and not recalling if clubs were even OPEN that early, we decided to hang out at Katie's house for a lil bit. After some silly pictures on rocky horses, a lil salsa dancin, several laugh attacks that led to emergency bathroom breaks and disturbing reminiscing convo we headed to the club. My cousin Mahleah and sister in law DeeDee came and met us. We hung out in the lounge area until 11:30 when the club opened. By now I KNEW we were gonna make it out past 12:00 (which had been a goal of this group) because I have to get at least a good hour of dancing in...lol. They'd played a good mix of music. A little too much rock for me, but it was so immersed in the hip hop and old stuff that it wasn't so bad. The crowd was obviously younger than the majority of us (to be fair Sarah and DeeDee aren't even 30 yet) but what club isn't gonna be younger than us...lol?? We danced non stop from 11:30 to 1:30am. If I wouldn't have had to drive home---I was starting to get tired---then I definately could have stayed longer.

It was so much fun. I love dancing so much. In my younger, wilder days dancing always seemed connected to gettin' a guy, turning someone on, playing games...so when those things became obsolete in my life...I thought that going dancing had to be too. I never really had a group of girl friends who wanted to just go out and have fun and not have it revolve around rubbin up on someone-getting wasted-goin' home with someone. Friday was nothing like that. A friend saw my picture and asked if the guys were all after me. That made me laugh because I don't even think of myself like that anymore. Did I feel attractive on Friday--definately. Did I enjoy the fact that I looked just like sassy Mindy and not Mom Mindy, Wife Mindy, Give Give Give Mindy--definately. But I had to tell her it's not about that. I couldn't tell you if a single person even gave me a second look because it was all about my girls, the music and dancin' like a diva...lol. Plus I've always had a system for nights when I wanted to be left alone.

1. Do not make eye contact.

2. If you happen to make eye contact inadvertantly, scowl, roll your eyes and look away. 99% of the time, he's going to think ur a ---- and leave you alone. Or he'll be so intimidated that he won't have the guts to approach you. If he is part of the 1% that will still approach you...you just ask him what made him think you wanted him to come and dance with you?

At 1:30 we finally headed home. It was such a great night---total bonding for all of us I think. We'll definately have to make this a regular occurrence I think. We may need to even make a road trip of it. Sarah had mentioned Vegas. Not sure if I can swing that one---but maybe Madison or Chicago....Love all you ladies!!

Oh--for the challenge this week. I lost 5.6 lbs!!! That's 20 lbs. total :) My goal is another 15 by the end of the challenge on 6/28. I know that the dancing HAD to have helped.

Well, the Survivor finale is on---so I'll get more out to you later about my good weekend.

Peace.


No comments: