Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day....family, fun and an extreme water fight!

Every year my family gets together on Memorial Day. (actually we get together all the time...lol) This year was nice because my Uncle Lino and Cameron are here from Cali and my Uncle Frankie had a weekend pass so he was there too. My parents kept the kids overnight on Sunday so Marlon and I slept in a little and then they came over to watch the parade. Waukesha's Memorial Day parade is not very large so it only lasted about 10 or 15 minutes. At noon we went to my parents to swim a little bit and then headed over to my Grandma's about 2ish. What a wonderful day to sit outside. I got sooo dark just from one day...lol!
My Aunt Josie bought the kids some water balloons and what ensued was a hilarious water balloon fight with the kids. First the littler kids and then some of the older kids got involved. After the balloons were gone they had to move to glasses, bowls and plastic jars. By then some of my cousins had gotten in on the excitement. This led to the hose and buckets...lol! The chaos escalated when my cousin Tony got up on the roof (with the help of my Uncle Davy steadying the ladder and then quickly putting it away) so that he could get my cousin Jackie's boyfriend Myron. Myron had gotten EVERYONE and Tony had to get him back. The culmination of the fun came though when my cousin's Shawn and Cristy tag teamed him and got him with the hose. We like to make boyfriends feel welcome. :) Here's some pictures.... Cameron has grown so much since they were here last year.


My cousin Junior and his nephew Tomas.


Jackie and Myron. The last time you will see him dry. :)


The kids LOVED the bubble grill that my Aunt Josie bought. It was kind of cool actually.


The start of the chaos!

A prayer request would be about Uncle Lino. When he got here from Cali it was easy to see that he is not healthy. He did confess that he has been sick and just hung on because he was determined to get out here with Cameron. My aunt's took him to the VA hospital late yesterday afternoon and they are running tests and bloodwork. He has some kind of infection and his liver appears to be affected. I'm worried (I know I shouldn't be--God has everything) because he really did not look good at all. Cameron is staying with my Grandma and Aunt Linda so pray for them as well. They both love kids but Cameron is little and takes a lot of time and energy. Help me know how to help.

Thanks.

No comments: