Friday, May 30, 2008

The Melting Pot and the Brewer Game

So Wednesday nite we took the Teen MOPS leaders out to the Melting Pot. I had never been there and oh my goodness, it was so much fun! Since we hadn't had our big overnight retreat we opted to spend a little more and get the full treatment for these amazing ladies. I am so proud to be a part of this awesome team of leaders. Each week they give so selflessly of themselves to ensure that our girls feel loved, taken care of and have strong models of who Jesus is. It was so much fun to just sit and relax together, enjoy the food, and have a little freak out when Kristen got a nut in her salad (which led to $15 off of her meal by the way...lol) It was great too because all 10 of us were able to go. If you haven't been, I would definately recommend it.


So Thursday Children's Ministry staff and the interns went to a Brewers game together. We went early to tailgate and had a really good time. I am not a big baseball person (Izzy's games aside) so I actually left early with a couple other ladies who wanted to go too. Here's a few pictures from the day.
Cheryl and I cheer on our team!



Me and my friend the Chorizo...


My friend Ali and her guy the hot dog. Although we found out later this is the polish? Not sure.

To quote my friend Steph...."wow--these ladies are a catch!" Me, Sue, Julie, Steph and Shelbi

Brother Bob just got here so I am going to go and visit. Have a really good nite!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi. Found you from your link at Lysa TerKeurt's site. Just wanted to say Hi and "see you at She Speaks."

I have coordinated my church's MOPS group for 2 years. It is a great organization! And we hope to start a TEEN MOPS one day, although we did have a 17 yr old mom in our group last year. We all mentored her along.

Blessings to you.

Lysa TerKeurst said...

I just took my daughter to the Melting Pot for her birthday. Can you say YUMMO!!!

Can you believe She Speaks is less than 3 weeks away???

Can't wait to meet you...